Sign in to follow this  
Flightsummer

PMDG Support: Please look after my E-mail - Please!!!

Ruediger,If you didn't receive an automated reply to your support requests there is something blocking the mail getting through in either direction (probably spam filters). Try to resend the request from a web based email account like hotmail, yahoo, gmail or similar.Hope it helps,

Hi Mats,thank you for your reply. I just sent a "web based" email and got this answer:"PMDG Technical Support Auto-Reply CURRENT STATUS: NORMAL The email is to confirm that PMDG has received your email. Please note: The vast majority of questions emailed to PMDG Technical Support can be answered by using PMDG Ops, our free, wiki-based technical support information database. You can find this system at: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/Main_Page Type key words/phrases into the blue box- and you will find that a wealth of information can help you on your way! If your question is NOT answered on PMDG Ops, a support technician will answer your email within 48hrs. Our normal response time is 24 hours, but at times we may take longer due to travel schedules or workloads. If you are writing to re-download a product and you have not purchased extended download coverage for that product, please do so NOW- and when we review your account we'll be able to issue the new download immediately rather than having to wait! PMDG Technical Support"May be another 48 hours to wait... That must be improved!

Now I received this answer from the PMDG Support:"What you are seeing is the result of your virus/firewall/spyware protection picking up the communication between our installer and our server- and assuming it is a hostile communication. To protect you- it forces our installer closed.You need to determine what software you have installed- and temporarily disable it while validating."My reply:"I have no spam filter and no problems to communicate. What I get is this:" see the attachment.And then - after this communication, and without changing anything to my PC - I could get my validation. Thank you for that and try to find a better way for your customers to get their validation without these problems. May be a form on your website where I have to fill in my order number, my email address and the last four numbers of my credit card for example.