Sign in to follow this  
Guest wurzzzz

B744 Autoland Off Centerline

Guest wurzzzz

Hi gang,I've been having an issue where I get set up on the approach and I'm tracking the localizer, as the glideslope comes in I engage the approach hold and the airplane responds accordingly with one key glitch: I land off the runway approximately 150 ft to the left of the centerline. The B744 executes a perfect autoland and seems to track the glideslope and localizer just fine but it seems that it isn't centered on the runway. I don't have this problem with any other add-ons or stock aircraft. One point of note is that the location of the runway/localizer on my map is never centered correctly. I've tried realigning the IRUs using GPS, LAST POS, and manually entering the GATE/AIRPORT combination and it still will not give the correct airport location relative to my current position. I'm pretty sure these two issues are linked. Any ideas?-Matt W.

Matt-Where are you seeing this, and (FAR more importantly) what addon sceneries do you have installed?(Yeah- i do mean ALL of them....)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest wurzzzz

I have XGraphics, Active Sky X, FSGlobal. I did have UTX but I uninstalled it. This if for FSX obviously. I have also tried reinstalling and checked the region/language settings as the other thread suggested neither of those fixed my problems.

Guest wurzzzz

It's for FSX and that post didn't help. I did notice another interesting thing though, which is that when I look at the POS page and scroll over to pages 2 and 3 my IRU L,R, and C have different values and those values are different from the GPS L,R values.

Don't worry, it's normal for the IRU positions to drift over time.Your aircraft should be using GPS position to navigate anyway. Only if you have inhibited the GPS will the aircraft use other navigation sources (IRS, VOR, DME, etc).Cheers.Q> Ян

Matt,For an ILS approach and AUTOLAND you can forget about the IRS and GPS. You will only be using the ILS beams (localizer and glideslope for orientation). Does this happen on all airports/runways you have tried or is this happening on one only? Care to share some screenshots?Hope it helps,

Guest wurzzzz

I'll try to get some screenies up but it happens at all airports and runways with an ILS. I don't think it follows the beam either because if it did the autopilot would actually center on the localizer (which it doesn't) it does center the glideslope however.Additionally, in all of my stock aircraft (and even other add-ons) I can use approach hold to follow the localizer and glideslope down to the runway with no issues so I know the PMDG is not following the localizer it is following it's nav data coordinates (just like in real life).

Matt,As I understand, GS tracking is not a problem. So GS intercept is enabled before Loc intercept.Regarding LOC: As I understand from your discription A/P is following the programmed Track (in LNAV) and does not intercept and track LOC.Please try following (real world) recommandation:--In order to prevent parallel tracking, the final LOC intercept should be done in HDG mode.--Hope it helps you to do a full intercept, and screenshots would help us to visualize the problem.Regards,Harry

Hi guysI've been having exactly the same problem - see previous thread http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=141934.I've been in email discussion with Precision Manuals and was told that this known issue would be addressed in the update due imminently, but this problem doesn't appear in the long list of fixes!The problem seems to be the way the 744X reads the localiser data. The data itself seems OK - if I manually fly the approach the localiser is bang-on centreline. And my other add on aircraft, such as the VLJ or Wilco Airbus Series 2, will autoland fine.I have tried full reinstallation, with no success.I'm running Vista Premium 32. I do have Horizon's VFR Gen X installed, but the problems also occur outside the VFR scenery areas.I'll have a go at attaching some screenshots.Many thanks for any help you can give me!CheersStu

Hi There,One question come to mind: how old is your magdec.bgl file? if you are running FS9 with the original magdec.bgl file and you are using the newest Navigraph files you surely get some magnetic variations which can affect the guidance of your plane. I think when you were asked in a previous post to give details about the sceneries you have installed it should have been specified that also AFCAD files can create problems with magdec.bgl if they have been created with more recent magnetic deviation data.I reckon this is a tricky issue. There are one or two newer magdec.bgls available on Avsim.Best regards

>Hi There,>>One question come to mind: how old is your magdec.bgl file? >>if you are running FS9 with the original magdec.bgl file and>you are using the newest Navigraph files you surely get some>magnetic variations which can affect the guidance of your>plane. I think when you were asked in a previous post to give>details about the sceneries you have installed it should have>been specified that also AFCAD files can create problems with>magdec.bgl if they have been created with more recent magnetic>deviation data.>>I reckon this is a tricky issue. There are one or two newer>magdec.bgls available on Avsim.>>Best regards>Hi MichaelThanks for your reply.I couldn't find a newer magdec file, so I renamed mine and FSX then recreated a new one. Same problem still exists though I'm afraid!RegardsStu