Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanal

PMDG-747 X lowered FPS to 3-4 and no more memory

Guest sanal

I cannot fly PMDG-747 X more than 10 minutes. After 10-15 minutes flight FPS goes down to 3-5 FPS. Then, I am receiving Warning" This computer has run out memory. Please restart flight simulator and select different graphics, scenery, or traffic seatings".That is the end of the story. I spend two days on it and many hours with Dell support. Many tweaks applied, including Vista. No way 747 let me fly.I am getting average 30 FPS with LDS-767. But no luck with PMDG-747.My new Pc Dell XPS 420 Q6600 4GB memory Ram. Navidia 8800GT graphic card.My setting are low and some settings are all the way left. If any one making smooth flight with PMDG-747. I really what to know.to identify my problems. PMDG-747 is like real plane and I want to enjoy it.RegardsSanal

its more FSX problem than PMDG do a search for OOM errors under FSX main forum, im sure this will help you.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest cj.ibbotson

If your Vista is 32bit then you MUST apply the /3G switch to its boot manager as the maximum memory the OS will devote per application is 2GB. With the /3G switch enabled it can use greater than this. However you must be carefull as 32bit OS will reserve address space for IO devices and Windows itself. A UserVA entry can be added so as to allow enough headroom for IO and OS requirements.I have a 768mb gpu and allowing room for the OS have my switch set at 2.75GB (2816mb). If you are not using FSX with SP2 then you will require another utility that will modify the FSX.exe file to allow it to use greater than 2GB of virtual address space. If SP2 is installed then this isnt required changing.If I change my aircraft to the 400X the FSX process goes up to around 1.5GB of memory use. Without the /3G switch I would get OOM error when it rises a little beyond this. It would always crash well before the 2GB limit.Hope this helpsChris Ibbotson

Guest sanal

Chris,Thanks for your advise. I am not good with PCs.I have Vista 32 and FSX with SP2 .Where shall I find /3G switch??Sanal

Sanal,This sounds like the anti-virus exclusion issue - I've seen this exact thing happen personally. Are you running an AV program? If so, go into the real time file scanner's exclusion list and add the FSX folder and all subfolders to the list. Basically what happens is the AV program starts trying to run its heuristics analysis on the gauges while they're running and it slows down the execution.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest sanal

Ryan,Thanks for your help. I went to security list and tried to add FSX files, but there are so many. Here are the list, which one important to add on. Some reason , when I double click on them, its coming as empty.I think,since you had a first hand experience , there is much possibility what you are recommendation will do the job. Sanal

Guest sanal

Ryan,Here is the PMDG-747 at Newark AP and FPS 2..How can it possible with good power Dell XPS 420 4GB Ram Q6600 Navdia 8800GT???RegardsSanal

Sanal,Your scenario looks totaly screwed. I would say this looks like a video driver issue.Hope it helps,

There is also a hotfix for Vista that has to do with FSX using up heaps of video memory due to a buffering bug that it does not release. The hotfix is not one of the normal ones and is not installed by the Windows Update. You need to apply it yourself. Cant remember the one exactly but search through Phil Taylors blogs and you should find it.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Sanal,Install the latest Nvidia driver first off - you're getting some major video corruption in that screenshot.What antivirus program are you running? You have to exclude the entire FSX folder from real time scanning - this is usually inside the Antivirus program in it's settings, options or preferences menu.You can try just totally shutting down the antivirus program and then running FSX too - if the problem's gone then you know this is the problem.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest sanal

John/Markus- I tried to download Microsoft 940105. I am getting a msg "The update does not apply to your system" I have Vista 32 ????Mats- I was running latest Video driver.I uninstalled and reinstalled Dell recommended drive. NO change (pleasee attched picture)Ryan- I am running Trend Micro AV program. I did totally shut down the antivirus program and run FSX . During the take-off I was making 12 FPS.. I crossed my fingers. I reached to 5000FT. 18 FPS. I click to switch from cockpit screen to Overhead screen. mouse started to blink. Over Head screen didn't open. FPS rapidly went down to 6-8 FPS. I tried to open CP side screen.IT did open , but please look at the attched picture. Is it possible some thing in PMDG-747 causing the problem? LDS-767 running OK/I really stuck. No idea what I suppose to do. may be I need a big HAMMER to solve the problem .Sanal