Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbofly

Sound card seems to interfere with graphics!

Guest Jimbofly

Hi pilots!I seem to be having a recent problem with FS2002 whereby the ATC causes the scenery to stutter, which in turn causes the ATC to stutter, and it sometimes elevates to the point where the whole computer freezes!I have a GeForce2 MX 200, and the sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster PCI128 (OEM).I think it may be the drivers, and the IRQs are being shared, but apparently that's perfectly normal for a Win 2000 box and the stutters shouldn't be happening.Any help would be appreciated!James

Guest Jimbofly

Also, it seems to be related to another post about ATC.DLL causing FS2002 to lock up. If Microsoft is reading this, it might be something to consider, as it is very frustrating!If *anyone* has any idea as to what might be causing this please let me know.Thanks!James

James - You might try reducing, or disabling, the DirectX Sound hardware acceleration and see if that helps. Run dxdiag and click on the Sound tab to get at the slider.Trip

James, I thought I had a sound problem too - did not. When ATC spoke the screen jiggled. I could stop it only with a mouse click. Also the throttle levers always jiggled to what appeared the sound. Tried everything and then ran "DxDiag" where it indicated in the DisplayDirect 3D tab that there was a problem with Nvidia 3D drivers. I deleted drivers using Detenator Destroyer and installed new drivers. Problem 100% fixed. I never suspected that it would have been the drivers. Good Luck...

Guest Jimbofly

Thanks for your replies! The next opportunity I get I'll try installing different drivers, if that doesn't help, I'll try reducing the sound acceleration.Again, thanks!James