Sign in to follow this  
jazer

MD-11 Multicrew

Hello fellow-captains,I wandered if PMDG has already decided whether the MD-11 will get a multicrew function or not. And when I'm talking about multicrew I mean via an interface created by PMDG and not the standard FSX cockpit sharing. (For example the Maddog2006)I would also ask PMDG, if decided not to implement this function, to please reconsider the possibility. It would really be a shock to the FS community (positively).I'm looking forward to your reply.Cheers,Jazer

Hi there.Bryan York of FS2Crew announced an collaboration between PMDG & FS2Crew, some months ago. And an FS2Crew version for the MD-11 is allready underway. Judging from your signature banner, you allready knew this....right??Or are you asking for something that FS2Crew has'nt done, so far??Golli.

ACES didn't give developers the info necessary to implement shared cockpits until very recently. The MD-11's been in development for a long time and the core gauge functionality has been in place for a while. I'm not going to definitively say no, but it's very unlikely that we'd redo all the gauges this late in the game. This would also be a major difference in programming between the FSX and FS9 versions too, which could further complicate things there.I'm sure we'll include this feature if at all possible on the next from-scratch aircraft. (NG 2.0 FSX)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>ACES didn't give developers the info necessary to implement>shared cockpits until very recently. The MD-11's been in>development for a long time and the core gauge functionality>has been in place for a while. I'm not going to definitively>say no, but it's very unlikely that we'd redo all the gauges>this late in the game. This would also be a major difference>in programming between the FSX and FS9 versions too, which>could further complicate things there.>>I'm sure we'll include this feature if at all possible on the>next from-scratch aircraft. (NG 2.0 FSX)Hi Ryan,Thanks for your reply!Hopefully it is possible to implement it in the NG 2.0.Thanks anyways and goodluck with this beautifull aircarft!Jazer