Sign in to follow this  
blake7

747X out of memoery error

I cant find any links to this problem when searching the forum but im sure I cant be the only one with this anoying error ...I keep getting the dredded Out Of Memoery error when using the PMDG 747X.Has anyone got a fix for this ... most anoying as I love flying the Queen of the skies !Using FSX with DELL XPS 720 H2c: PROCESSOR H2C Intel

Please sign your real name to your posts - forum rule...The only thing I can suggest is try Vista 64 bit edition - you're not able use all 4GB of your memory anyways in the 32 bit version.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Please sign your real name to your posts - forum rule...>>The only thing I can suggest is try Vista 64 bit edition ->you're not able use all 4GB of your memory anyways in the 32>bit version.Sorry about that ... the 32 bit Vista from Dell does use the full 4gb they somehow patch it to make it work ...Ive been looking all over the place to find a resolve to this issue but with no avail.Most anoying ...Gary B.

Guest sanal

Gary,I have the same problem. I have Dell XPS 420 4GB Q 6600 NV 8800GT Hard drive over 550GB available space.Yesterday, Dell checked my PC, all diagnostic test, all components passed and hit the highest number 5+."Out of memeory" is only happening with PMDG-747X..I have no problem with other complex airplanes like LDS-767 . I average 25+ FPS at major airports.Please see attched FO screen.This is the result of my test flight with PMDG-747x.I hope we can find some solution. Sanal

The 32bit version does not use the full 4GB and never can. Out of the box it reserves 2GB for the system and the other 2GB to memory. Sure the BIOS may report 4GB but each program can only use 2GB unless the >2GB change is done. Then you can boost it up to 3GB. If you boost to 4GB then the system does not have any place to map hardware such as video ram, controllers, etc and the system wont boot. If you allocated 3GB to ram, and 1GB to system and have 1GB of video ram on your card you will again run out of resources and windows will grind to a halt.My system has 4GB ram and shows 3.58 free in Windows but each program will only use what I have told it to and that is 3GB. The rest is for windows. If Dell is telling you they use the full 4GB in a 32bit system they are simply telling you porkies.To allow greater than 2GB use you have to tell the program it is okay to use it which unless you are running SP2 of FSX requires another program to alter the header. Then you need to tell the system to allow it as well which is done by increasing the USERVA. Do a good search and it is all documented. There is also a windows patch mentioned recently that stops double allocation of buffers which is another cause.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Sanal,Thats exactly the screen problems I have been experiencing too !The odd looking screen seems to correct itself after a few minuites followed by the memory error but most of the time its fine, the memory error just appears whenever it feels like it.As for the 4gb and 32bit Vista Ive had this argument on the Dell support forum and all the experts just knock me back saying the same thing that the Dell patch will use all 4gb in 32 bit Vista ???Im well confused ...Gary B.

Hi Gary,Enter the following into an *elevated command prompt:BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2560*To get the elevated command prompt, choose Start > All Programs > Accessories > then right-click on Command prompt and select "Run as administrator".Then try the same flight that exhibited the OOM. The fix above may cure the issue.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest sanal

What is going on?? How shall I correct this??

Guest sanal

John,First I tried 169.25 latest driver. Then I changed to Dell recommended driver 169.12.Both of them gave the same result.I have Navdia 8800 GT card.Sanal

Guest sanal

Jim, I have the same problems Gray has. I followed up your recommendations Entered into *elevated command prompt:BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2560. Successfully accepted.I made the same flight. I got the same results. OOMRegardsSanal

Sanal,Have you used any driver cleaner to remove remnants of drivers in between switching. Do that and do it in safe mode. Then install a new driver from the default VGA. Some video drivers can be tricky to 'settle' correctly on your system.Hope it helps,

Guest sanal

Mats,No I didn't used any driver cleaner. Do you advise any driver cleaner?ThanksSanal

>the 32 bit Vista from Dell does use the>full 4gb they somehow patch it to make it work ...That's total BS, it's a fundamental limit of a 32bit operating system, it's literally impossible for the system to address 4GB. It may show the 4GB as being installed in system properties or something, but I guarantee it's not actually using it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com