Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Re-installation

Hi guysI've had to re-install my PC back to factory settings and foolishly forgot to backup my PMDG (and other) flight sim products. I've got the Level-D 767-300 up and running already with a minimum of fuss and not one e-mail sent, as it is downloaded from Flight 1.Why can't you guys use this service instead of the current system of e-mailing you and purchasing a backup service?Seems to be a needlessly time-consuming rip-off when compared to Level-D, making us pay to redownload something we paid almost more for than the cost of the simulator it self.Regards,

Guest aarskringspier

Make a backup of all your files; I have mine sitting on a removable HDD, a secondary HDD on my PC, a backup on a serperate PC as well as having them all put on DVD's. You cant blame PMDG for your oversight in doing something so simple as backing up your files.

I would have backed up my files if I hadn't had a virus decimate my computer. I could buy an external HDD but why spend a few hundred more on that when I could re-download the products for free? Flight1 (eg Level-D 767) and CaptainSim offer unlimited re-downloads of products for free. I can find no good reason why it can't be offered by PMDG too. Excuses offered in the past just don't add up.

Guest AJ5186

>I would have backed up my files if I hadn't had a virus>decimate my computer. I could buy an external HDD but why>spend a few hundred more on that when I could re-download the>products for free? Flight1 (eg Level-D 767) and CaptainSim>offer unlimited re-downloads of products for free. I can find>no good reason why it can't be offered by PMDG too. Excuses>offered in the past just don't add up.You're telling me, I've been trying for over a week now to get a new download link.After a handful of emails sent out, not one yet back.Wonderful product, horrible customer service.