Sign in to follow this  
OneDownOne2Go

747-400F FSX Autpilot not showing data

Hi,I just installed the 747-400X-package and made some trials.The passenger-version works just fine, but I have a strange problem with the freighter-version.The autopilots main-panel shows no data, neither in VC nor in 2D-view. As I can see on the MFD's, the knobs work and the values r set, but I dont see them on the autopilots readouts.I de- and re-installed several times, but the result remained the same.I run FSX with SP1 and accelerator-pack.Anybody got a hint what may be wrong?Best regards and thx in advanceK. Bambey

The cargo version's MCP panel uses LEDs instead of mechanical readouts. You should see the digits once electrical power is available. Not sure which bus but that's in the AOM.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ah, okay!I still have to go thru the documentation, I did some q&d testing, without attention to details like that.Thx alot!

>The cargo version's MCP panel uses LEDs instead of mechanical>readouts. You should see the digits once electrical power is>available. Not sure which bus but that's in the AOM.Well, I tried my best. I loaded the standard-flight and the corresponding panel-settings for cold and dark startup and cycled thru the AOM normal procedures step by step. But I still have no display of any kind. The MCP allows to make al the settings and the ap flies the plane, but still, nothing on the displays.I also noticed that radios are not working, like if the the master-av-bus would not be powered on a stock plane.Any more ideas?thx ind advance

Reboot the computer. As soon as you said radios I said I've seen this before.. you probably didn't have a digital clock either. The reboot loads the font file.Hope this does the trick.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey, what'cha think?Rebooted, and WHAM, readouts! :7 Okay, after I changed to XP, I lost the manor of rebooting after each and every installation. And I did not think about the fonts being the actual problem.Thx alot, now it's big fun taking the lady out for a ride.