Sign in to follow this  
Guest poschrob

How do I enter this?

Guest poschrob

Hi,just a quick question.In a RW flightplan I've seen the following coordinates: 5739N 08000WHow do I enter this into the FMC? It's obviously not 5780N.Thank you,Rob

The proper format for entering a Latitude/Longitude waypoint into the scratchpad is as follows:NXXXXX/EXXXXXXSXXXXX/WXXXXXX(See AOM 8-31 737NG... or similar info for 747)The shortcuts only work for whole degrees, in fact, the shortcuts are provided by the navdata wpNavFIX.txt file, not by programming within the FMC.

Dan Downs KCRP

That looks like a North Atlantic oceanic waypoint and is entered 5780N I normally download routes into the FMC from my company OSP but I'm fairly sure I'm right.Rob

Rob Prest

Hi Rob!I strongly advise that you follow the advice from Dan re the navdata file. I had exactly the same question as you some time ago, and Dan pointed me to the files. Reading the comments contained within them gave me a useful education of the ways these files are set up. It's all very interesting and useful.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest abhay

>The proper format for entering a Latitude/Longitude waypoint>into the scratchpad is as follows:>NXXXXX/EXXXXXX>SXXXXX/WXXXXXX>>(See AOM 8-31 737NG... or similar info for 747)>>The shortcuts only work for whole degrees, in fact, the>shortcuts are provided by the navdata wpNavFIX.txt file, not>by programming within the FMC.>That Means we can not insert any waypoint we like in FMC?for example I would like to enter N13 37 57.29 E79 24 57.31, the FMC reports error, so if I update wpNAVFIX.txt file with this fix, then the FMC will take it - right. or I am missing anything?RegardsAbhay

Rob and Abhay,If it's anything like the 737NG, try this, with your example coordinates above:N13 37 57.29 E79 24 57.31> N13375E079245Note that there is no slash and a zero has been added before the latitude (I don't know why but it is necessary otherwise FMC error). BTW, take a look at a Jepp chart you will notice that all the fixes have coordinates, 5 digits for the longitude and 6 digits for the latitude.Ignore this post if the procedure is different for the MD-11. :)

Guest abhay

>Rob and Abhay,>>If it's anything like the 737NG, try this, with your example>coordinates above:>>N13 37 57.29 E79 24 57.31>>> N13375E079245>>Note that there is no slash and a zero has been added before>the latitude (I don't know why but it is necessary otherwise>FMC error). >>BTW, take a look at a Jepp chart you will notice that all the>fixes have coordinates, 5 digits for the longitude and 6>digits for the latitude.>>Ignore this post if the procedure is different for the MD-11.>:) Thanks Onur,It worked, But did not work while entering the Route, but worked in Legs page, Thanks a Lot,CheersAbhay

No problem Abhay,Yeah, I think a fix has to be in the Navdata database to be able to show in the route page.happy simming