Sign in to follow this  
grimwlbbj

737ng Autopilot Disconnect sound wav file.

Please if possible can anyone give me any info on how to change the autopilot disconnect sound file.

Hello Mr ?Please sign with your real name as per forum rules.Check out the library, there are quite a bunch of sound files for the 737, just pick your favorite by listening to the sounds. As for the installation, it's pretty simple, you'll get a readme file in which everything is explained.All you have to do is to replace the AP disconnect sound in the PMDG sound file within the main FS sound file. I don't know if it's hardcoded in the gauges though, you might experience a problem, don't forget to make a back-up just in case.Regards

I tweaked the one PMDG gives you to sound the way I think it should. Sorry, I can't share it, as it took a lot of time to get right.I did make a new trim sound too.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Many thanks for your reply.I have managed to change engine sounds and exterior sounds,for what ever reason I dont seem to be able to change the autopilot disconnect sound.Many thanksgrimwlbbj

Grimwlbbj,I assume you replaced the sound folders in the aircraft folder. To change the AP disconnect, replace the wav.file in the PMDG sound folder which is in the main FS sound folder.Regards

I have replaced the sound folders in the aircraft folders.The wav file is in the pmdg sound in the main fs sound folder. but for what ever reason it will not let me overite the orignal sound wav.RegardsLee

Lee,I'll have a go at it too, I'll let you know how it goes. I suspect it's hardcoded into the gauges or something like that.

Lee,It's done, very simple: All you have to do is rename your prefered file exactly the same way as the default PMDG one (PMDG_APDisconnect)BTW, I just discovered a new trim sound file, just follow the instructions in the readme file. It's Martijn Berkel 737 trim sound package.For the overall sound package I'm using Christoffer Petersen's V2, it's excellent.Happy landings

To change the subject a little,is there a way to make a WAV file forautothrottle discinnect.Nebojsa

Hi Nebojsa,Well there certainly should be, I mean in real life I don't know if there is a sound for that but as long as you can modify the sound config I suppose you can put in a sound for everything. All I can manage though is to change an existing file with another one.Regards

It's done, very simple: All you have to do is rename your prefered file exactly the same way as the default PMDG one (PMDG_APDisconnect) Sorry a bit slow here,are you saying that I need to rename the pmdg wav file to the ap disc wave file I want????Regards Lee.

No problem,Look, the thing is, you want to keep the wav file name the same so get your prefered sound file rename it "PMDG_APDisconnect" (this is exactly how it should be). Go to the FS sounds / pmdg / 737ng/ folder, take out the original file (put it somewhere as a backup, don't erase it) insert the new AP disconnect.That's it

Excellent it works!!! many thanks for your time.I have just loaded the trim sound package its excellent.Regards Lee.