Sign in to follow this  
Guest Savage

Fly by Wire / AP Issues?

Guest Savage

Hi,Using XP, FSX SP2, and the Queen, and some times (only some times), the Queen goes a bit nutters!In the latest sage, the Queen for some reason missed the TETAN waypoint (by less than 2nm), the Queen with the AP engaged, went to a close to 180 degree bank angle, FL CH auto matically engaged as it's supposed to, it did a 360, missed the waypoint a SECOND time, and on the point to making the second 360 turn at a bank angle close to 180 degrees, I interfined and bypassed the TETAN waypoint on the LEGs page.Other occurances, the Queen makes allot of left/right turns (steap turns) whilst in cruise for example when it seems to be SLIGHTLY off path as far as the fly by wire goes... Does any one else see anything like this??? It's driving me a bit mad here to be honest... Thanks,Chris.

Guest Scousefox9

Wow... That is extraordinary! Can't say that's ever happened to me nor can I offer any advice unfortunately. I'm still rather stunned though :(

That's beyond a steep turn, that is a major problem with your install! the 747 isn't fly by wire.Rob

Rob Prest

Chris,Sounds like this could be a weather issue actually. I've seen similar things happen when FSX does a sudden pressure or wind shift. I think the latest registered FSUIPC4 has some attempts at fixes for this sort of thing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Savage

Hi Ryan,Think so too. It is very strange though, and what makes it even more bizzare, the Queen successfully recovered from that turn, without even stalling (long live the queen!) I still hate to be a pax on that flight ;)Using the latest ActiveSky X with all the patches, the problem seemed to have gone after I imported a route into ActiveSky. I do naturally have a registered FSUIPC and all the rest.It's a bit late time wise now, but I'll make another flight with a proper weather setup from the start, and see if it happens again. This turn was the worst that I ever had it before, but the Queen does seem to swerve quite substantially when weather is all of a sudden updated....Will give some feedback 24 - 48 hours :)