Sign in to follow this  
Guest NathanT24

The SimuBuild Forum...........Why there isn't one.

Alot of people, mainly AVSIMmers have asked me recently why we dont have a forum.To put it simply, it was my decision, and one that i'm standing by for obvious reasons.I watched to many groups get bashed, critisized, and even shut there doors to ridiculous, uneeded forum posts from unappreciative spoiled flight simulator users who expect everything to be given to them, and to be made thier way as if it was specifically designed with them in mind.The truth is, we (freeware developers) are doing this for ourselves first and foremost. It is our CHOICE (not obligation, not privaladge) to allow the public to download our aircraft, or not. At no time is it allowable for anyone to "tell" a freeware developer how he/she should design there plane. Its NOT yours, and you did NOT pay for it, end of story. It was a gift to you, and like all gifts you either throw it away, or keep it, its that simple.Now, alot of freeware developers have gone the extra mile to open up forums (a great idea it seemed at the time) to help others enjoy these aircraft. Everything started out fine, until everyone got spoiled by this new "system", everyone started to expect and demand more and more, and as freeware developers, we continued, more and more, to let them demand and control every aspect of our hobby, at which point we extrememly lost focus of what were here to do.We are here, not to work, not to make planes, but to have fun. When a free plane comes out for a Simulator that you had to PAY for, you either get it, or you dont. Simple, group bashing, finger pointing, not nessacary, while we love when you enjoy our aircraft, they were not made "for you, to your specifications", but by us to ours, for us. Now, if you paid me for something, thats different, im obligated to help you, but when i've worked for you, for nothing but a cheap, weak derrogative comment, then that is not good, and it is not worth it. Every SINGLE freeware group PAYS for YOU to have a free aircraft. Make sense? Hell no, it doesnt, but we still do it, because we appreciate the longevity of this hobby, and want to see it prosper, and we ask that you all appreciate US, and what we are trying to do for YOU for free.Flight Simmers NEED to start appreciating the freeware world, because soon, it will be no more. One day, we are all going to get tired of the same crap every single day, and its just gonna stop, no more freeware, no more planes. Nothing. Just a bunch of payware products for you to pay more money for.Thats it. Thank you all for reading, and I hope you take these words into consideration. :-).Al Lynch Jr. - Member FSWorldonline.comhttp://www.fsworldonline.com/~imgsrv/MySignature1.jpg

The avsim screenshots and discussion forums are the only ones I use these days anyway. So if I have a question for you I can use them right?:-)

AlI do agree with what you said. I do hope everyone can appriciate what you guys do for us to make Flight Simulator more fun. One thing for sure is that I do appriciate all the hard work you guys do to make Flight Simulator a more enjoyable, realistic, fun flight sim for me and my family. You guys are on the top of my list for the BEST planes available for flight sim. I hope everyone can stop and see what these great people do to make Flight Sim a better sim for all of us!! Again, Well said Al!!Matt

Guest NathanT24

And I find that uncalled for I have fallen in love with your A340-500 AND -600 I have gotten every livery as well!

Guest Dominik Mann

Very wise and reasoned words, Al, and therefore positive proof that you're a good guy indeed. I wish I had your computer modelling skills - which is to say, I wish I had ANY such skills :-shy ...however, I'm only good with plastic model kits. Thus I cannot thank you enough for you and your team sharing these incredible Airbuses with us. I'll be honest that I'm an Airbus fan in general, but I will fly any plane your crew decides to let us have in the future...even if it should turn out to be a Boeing :( ;-) .Who knows, you guys might just make M$ think, assuming they're following the FS add-on community in the same way as we do! :D@ Nathan:Just the way I feel...I simply cannot stop flying the Big 'Bus. Geez...I think I have never stacked that many flying hours in such a short time before the Age of Simubuild :D . Right now I'm on my way from Tahiti to Tokyo on the Air Tahiti A345...sure is nice to have Internet access on board ;-) ...Cheers,

>The avsim screenshots and discussion forums are the only >ones I use these days anyway. So if I have a question for >you I can use them right? >:-) Ed, this forum would be really the only appropriate forum. Since Simubuild does MSFS addons, this is the forum it should be in. The screenshot forum is not supposed to be used for support issues.

Guest NathanT24

Well I have been working so I have not been able to do my REAL long flight yet but I do got two days off in a row this week so here is my chance to stretch the A340-500 or A340-600s wings, who knows I may start an around the world flight LOL.