Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

747X & Mega Airport Heathrow X Scenery

Guest Scousefox9

Hey,recently installed Mega Airport Heathrow X Scenery and discovered it was preventing the aircraft from receving the G/S indication on the PFD. Uninstalled the scenery and as expected the 747X can receive the G/S once again. I know this isn't PMDG's fault but I've posted it on Simwings' forum also. If anyone can suggest a fix then I might consider keeping it.Also, the scenery opens and closes barriers around the airport if a certain frequency is tuned in NAV1 radio - pretty cool ah? Unfortunately as you might have guessed it doesn't recognise any frequencies tuned into the FMC. Oh dear!Any suggestions/fixes would be appreciated as I simply cannot keep the scenery if it means the best I can do is a non-precision approach!

I recommend first complaining to the scenery developers.I would then use AFX to modify the afcad bgl file to correct the glideslope.Is it just the glide slope, or is it both localizer and glideslope?Just missing glide slope is odd.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Scousefox9

Just the glide slope. There was no magenta diamond visible on the PFD, I selected APP on the MCP to see if it was just like invisible. The plane descened to a rediculous altitude and I determined it wanted to just descend uncontrollably so I pulled her up for a visual approach.I'm not too knowlagable with AFCAD files and editing them. Will editing a single file fix the g/s for all runways?

Guest Scousefox9

Unfortunately the Simwings forum seems to be rather less active than PMDG's; my post has gone unanswered. I hope nobody will mind if I ask: does anybody think editing a file in some way will allow the glide slope to function normally?Any other suggestions are welcome.