Sign in to follow this  
ccaughie

747 FSX: Autothrottle can't settle down

More autothrottle problems. It works fine during climb, but once I reach cruising altitude, instead of settling down to the N1 setting that will keep me flying at the correct speed, it oscillates between about 92% and 101% with a period of about a minute. The continual change in engine sound is quite noticeable.Meanwhile the throttle lever is jerking about like a mad thing, which is even stranger.Any ideas why this might be happening? I should mention that I've got a fairly old machine, a single core 3GHz P4. Could it be that this just isn't enough to allow the simulation to operate smoothly? I'm getting a new machine soon so I guess I'll find out then.Colin

Colin>More autothrottle problems. It works fine during climb, but>once I reach cruising altitude, instead of settling down to>the N1 setting that will keep me flying at the correct speed,>it oscillates between about 92% and 101% with a period of>about a minute. The continual change in engine sound is quite>noticeable.What's the change in speed during these oscillations? What is your A/T mode? What are the outside air conditions? Temp winds? What is your weight and your centre of gravity?>Meanwhile the throttle lever is jerking about like a mad>thing, which is even stranger.Nothing you can do anything about as far as I understand. It is animated like that. Either an FSism or something due to AFDS programmed in-house.Hope it helps,

Guest David Ketchum

I'm having the EXACT same problem with no winds and clear/calm weather set.