Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

Load Manager Help - KLAX-VHHH

Hi Guys,I'm planning the following flight KLAX-VHHH (CPA881). I've adjusted my load in load manager to get below 875,000lbs, however the fuel requirements keep showing above 421,000lbs of fuel. If I'm correct, the max I can carry is 382,236lbs. In order to reduce my fuel requirements, I would need to fly very lean (hardly any passengers and cargo). Do they fly half empty?My flight plan was copied off of flightaware a few months back:KLAX LAX VTU RBL SEDAR NUDGE 5300N/14000W 5600N/15000W 5800N/16000W ORVIL MARCC BESAT G583 LATAK G583 BISIV G583 MVE V8 AWE V7 CHE V30 HWE Y14 JEC V54 TAE V54 HKC A1 APU MKG A1 ELATO ELAT1B VHHHFor those that have made this flight, please let me know what load manager settings you used. I've made QF12 before (KLAX-YSSY), and have had success.Thanks very much,John

The winds may require a stop at PANC (Anchorage). The 6300 nm trip isn't the longest you can fly, but you are getting into the range where payload must be traded for fuel to prevent the stop. As you reduce the payload, the required fuel decreases too (significantly).I just checked flightaware.com for current flight plans, which has several for 744s going direct VHHH.

Dan Downs KCRP