Sign in to follow this  
Marcel11

PMDG team: Some Infromation about the coming update?

Good evening dear PMDG teamI think since 6 weeks ago or more members of you talking about a coming update for the 747-400 FSX. I never ask you about a release date or something else. The only thing we would know what this update or service pack will fix for the 747-400 FSX?Thanks for more informations, soon.Enjoy the weekend and regardsMarcel

Good evening PMDG teamYou make a fantastic work with a great support but sometimes I've only some problems to understand your communication policy. Is it true that a few of your members announced an update related of the 747-400 for FSX or not? This now beginning about since two months ago? My question was not about the release date. I only would like to ask you what PMDG will fix on next update?It was a simple question without an answer. If you are not be able to give a short feedback, please give your members a clear order to not announce something that never will happens.Enjoy the weekend!Regards Marcel

Marcel,We don't have any information on when the update will be done. Sorry. Please trust that we're working on it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest SkullxBones

Would it be possible to release smaller patches more often as you become aware of individual problems instead of taking longer to release one big patch that tries to fix everything? Jeff P.

Jeff,Why? The only reason would be to calm down people with no patience. This is not a life-and-death software. It is for pleasure only. Take it for what it is and wait. If the planes are unflyable I am sure that PMDG would issue a patch as soon as possible. That has still to happen.Patience is a virtue. (I am still waiting for the delivery of my new car but I am not calling the dealer every other day demanding to get me ETAs).Patience people.Cheers,

>Patience is a virtue. (I am still waiting for the delivery of>my new car but I am not calling the dealer every other day>demanding to get me ETAs).>>Patience people.>>Cheers,Maybe because the cardealer in the very beginning told how long you could expect to wait. I

But buying stuff for flightsim is fantasy, whereas cars are a reality!Two entirely different packages.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>But buying stuff for flightsim is fantasy, whereas cars are a>reality!>>Two entirely different packages.You are right Dave, but both thing are payed with real money I guess :-hah

Anders, I understand what you are saying and how you feel but delivering a new car is a much easier job than delivering software which at the last moment can go wrong.Just look at our computers that work most of the time but, not all of the time eh? ;)A mechanical facility is so obviously different than the writing of software.E.G. The FSX version of 'FSnav' was going well until the Herge had an accident. The reason it wasn't finished. Anyone with the tools can produce a car but not anyone can write software.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Maybe because the cardealer in the very beginning told how>long you could expect to wait. Nope. I know what car I have ordered and that it is located on the right continent. But as I said no clue about the ETA for the shipping. And yes I am excited as h**l about it. If I had it my way I would have it here yesterday. I am inpatient about this. BUT. I can contain it. I know it doesn't make any difference if I try to press the dealer to get me a date. They do this day in and day out. It's just for me this is an exciting affair right now.So I would say that there are some parallels you can carry over to the flight sim world. Don't take it too literally though. ;-)Cheers,

Guest SkullxBones

The car analogy is not the best one to make your point. I think people would be a little upset if they paid in full for a new car, and had to take it in for repairs, then were told they have to wait and by the way don't ask when.