Sign in to follow this  
Guest phil1234

MAGA AIRPORT HEATHROW WITH PMDG

Guest phil1234

The maga airport heathrow does anyone have it for FS9 and how does it effect frame rates. Phil

Guest robfather

Hi,I have it running and other than a glitch one time with a night flight I find it works OK. Didn't check frame rates but it must be above 20 as I didn't notice any stuttering - seemed fairly smooth. I have all my setting on max and most of the time FS9 runs well in the 20-25 frame rates.Rob

Could someone explain to me what a 'MAGA' is? :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Do they accurately depict the wonky baggage system in T5 ?Peter

Peter Schluter

Hi,Not sure if I should be discussing another commercial product on the PMDG Support Forum but since you have mentioned it with regard to its use with the PMDG aircraft, then I'll tell you what I can.....I have had the SimWings Heathrow 2008 scenery for FS9 (created by SimWings and released/marketed by Aerosoft) since it came out. It has been updated to version 1.10 which is the current version.As for its use in FS9, having had the UK2000 Heathrow Pro scenery for some time before this release, I can say that the LHR2008 version runs about twice as fast as the Heathrow Pro product! Essentially, if you have Heathrow Pro and can use it, you will get a nice surprise! The Simwings product is very well done and is amazingly good on framerates, despite its great attention to detail. Even some of our members who have slower PCs can use the LHR2008 scenery - and use it online with VATSIM too! I have no hesitation in recommending it.That said, with the recent opening of Terminal 5, you should know that the aircraft parking stands for T5 in the scenery are all incorrect. I post below a list of the stands in the scenery and their correct number placements.Simwings have said that they are aware of the incorrect stands and some of the T5 taxiways that are "blocked" (the Simwings scenery shows T5 and the airport as it was around December 2007 and some of the taxiways around the airport are blocked off with cones and red and white barriers) and are planning to update the scenery as time goes on. However, this takes nothng away from what is quite a landmark product (until Gary Summons releases his new Heathrow Extreme scenery - which I will also get!). As for the PMDG 747 and 737, both of which I have, the latter being the one I mainly fly, I initially had issues with Out-Of-Memory errors (OOMs) but this was in no way connected with the LHR2008 scenery or with the PMDG products. By removing a considerable amount of add-on scenery accumalated over time, I was able to remove the errors completely. I did, in fact, have over 151 scenery entries in FS9 and had corrupted the scenery.cfg file! The PMDG 744 is pretty flawless in its use with the LHR2008 scenery (on my system anyway - P4 3.4Ghz PCI based system, Windows XP Pro with 2GB RAM) and I have had much fun flying into and out of it. Kind of takes me home a bit as I spent 27 years working there! But I find no issues with using the PMDG aircraft there at all.Disclaimer:- Please note that the above is my personal opinion and I am in no way connected with either SimWings, Aerosoft or UK2000 scenery.Here is the Heathrow 2008 scenery T5 stands list:-T5a T5b scenery-actual scenery-actual 514 501 539 531 513 502 538 532 512 503 537 533 511 505 536 534 529 506 535 535 528 507 534 536 527 508 533 537 526 509 532 538 525 511 531 539 524 512 541 541 523 513 542 542 523L 514 543 543 522R 515 544 544 522 516 545 545 522L 517 546 546 521 518 547 547 501 519 548 548 502 520 503 521 504 522 505 523 506 524 507 525 508 526 My sincere thanks to one of our members at BAV who works for Heathrow Operations, for supplying this data.NOTE* Moderators - if this message is in any way inappropriate for your forum, by all means please remove it with my apologies.Kind regards,lee James

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

Removed since probably a bit too OT here.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hello Krister,>>Removed since probably a bit too OT here. <

Lee James

spacer.png

I think that it is his own post he has removed.:-hmmm

Lee,Actually you misunderstand what I referred to as OT! :D I went to your site and read about "No.4 - "It could have been my wife and kids up there!" and found it to be a fascinating story which I wrote. I then figured my post might be a bit OT so I removed my text! :) Deleting is not possible. I guess the same thing should apply when you post something as when you say something - always think twice before you do. Unfortunately I'm having problems with that...On the contrary, your info re the Mega scenery is useful info, especially for me since I own the scenery and very much like it!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Krister,Ok, my sincere apologies for that! I certainly did mis-understand you! :-)Glad you enjoyed the story. I still have much work to do on that site and to update the content.I'm also glad that the information on LHR2008 was useful.Take care,kind regards,

Lee James

spacer.png