Sign in to follow this  
burm

9Dragons VHHX

Hi, I have installed this VHHX scenery and I get a FMC message "Not In Database" when I enter this airport. Can anyone give me some help with this? I checked the fs9/pmdg/SIDSTARS and VHHX.txt is there.ThanksPaul

Hi PaulI only have default scenery, and just tried to enter VHHX and mine also says not in database, so do not blame your new scenery just yet, i am going to look in my sid/star folders etc and see if i can get it to accept vhhx with default scenery then report backbestr regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hi again PaulChecked my Sid/star files like you did and vhhx is there also, investigating further and report backbest regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hi yet againNext step in the investigation.Opened up VHHX in the sid star folder using Notepad and it calls it VHXX do think the problem is here. Wonder if this is from my last update from Navigrapg? I am going to move VHHX from that folder and try and find another to replace it which will call the airport by its right name then report back.This is what the first line says when I open VHHX. Its copy right so wont show any more than the first lineVHXX - HONG KONG KAITAK INTLregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

PaulFound a different version of the sid/star for VHHX but alas it made no difference, still getting not in database error.I have put everything back how it was as now do not think the problem is with the vhhx.txt file. Going to shoot off an email to navigraph see if there was a problem there and post back when I get a reply.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

PaulWent to the havigraph help forum instead of e-mailing them, and your problem is discussed there. Here is a link, and you can read the articles yourself, and see what others are doing.http://forum.navdata.atthen in the search box (top right) enter vhhx, and it will find 4 responsesregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

PaulAnd finallyDo an advanced search on this forum with the search word as vhhx and you will find lots of same problems as yours with excellent suggestions from Dan Downs on how to manually add the required files in the correct places, but I am guessing that this needs doing every time you update your airac if you use navigraph?best regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hello Paul,>>I have installed this VHHX scenery and I get a FMC message "Not In Database" when I enter this airport. Can anyone give me some help with this? I checked the fs9/pmdg/SIDSTARS and VHHX.txt is there.<

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

PaulFound these details from Steve Bell, I have followed these instructions and it works just fineLocate the FMCWP file in the FS9 root folder then explore that file to the NAVDATA File. Then just paste into the correct file overwriting the original...I always add Kai Tak entries just below VHHH & it seems to work successfuly every time. These files can be found in the FMCWP folder within the FS9 root directory://///////////FILENAME: wpNavAPT.txt //ADDS VHHX RWY SYMBOLOGY TO THE NDHong Kong VHHX13 10930136 22.324850 114.193176111.9013600015Hong Kong VHHX31 10930316 22.304401 114.216064109.9031600015FILENAME: airports.dat //ADDS KAI TAK TO ARPTS ON NDVHHX 22.316959 114.202621/////////////Hope this helps...make sure the lines of text line up correctly underneath the previous entry.Kind RegardsSteve BellregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hello John,Well done - you beat me to it!This is exactly what needs to be done.As I said, it is a good idea to make a backup copy of the original wpNavAPT file so that it can be copied back if you make mistakes.Thanks for finding that.cheers,Lee

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

There is an article in the PMDG OPS wiki section that covers VHHX from the last time this came up a couple of months ago.

Dan Downs KCRP