Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

My livery to other online users

I have installed a livery from the PMDG Downloads and have my aircraft dressed in its new livery.What is the mechanism that shows my livery to other online users? Do I have to do anything to set this?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Others wont see it unless they download the exact aircraft and livery, then mess around with Squwakbox or FSINN to assign the PMDG aircaft instead of the default VIP set. Way too much hassle just to check out a new paint job online.Rob

Rob Prest

Rob,Then why is it that I see all the other aircraft at an airfield dressed in their own liveries?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Your seeing the VIP model set or with FSINN it will use your AI aircraft. Trust me for anyone to see your exact model and livery they require the same files installed... think about it?Rob

Rob Prest

If you want people to see a generic livery eg British Airways or United airlines you need make sure you have selected the correct aircraft in your client software. You don't mention if your using SB, FSINN, VATSIM OR IVAO and this is not even a PMDG issue.

Rob Prest

So, as an SB user, do I have to use an SB option to tell the world of my livery?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

When you choose to connect to VATSIM in Squawkbox 3 (SB3), you are amongst other things required to enter your callsign but you also have a drop down list where your choose the aircraft type and below that another drop down list where you choose the livery. This set of aircrafts/liveries gets installed with SB3 so every SB3 user has the same aircrafts/liveries that can be displayed in MSFS. So if you choose one combination of aircraft/livery it will be correctly displayed for all others that also use SB3.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi Krister,I have been flying online for quite a few years, and have not known of this facility in SB3. But then I have not, until now, installed a livery. I now look forward to being able to use the facility when we get SB4.Thanks for the info,Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard