Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike Phyrio

That ^$%#&! 737 Load Manager

Guest Mike Phyrio

My apologies if this is somewhere on this forum. I have looked and looked and I can't find anything specific.My question: Where can I find something that will tell me how to integrate the PMDG Load Manager with the PMDG 737NG so that it actually puts passengers into a flight? I mean, something that tells you exactly HOW to use it with the plane. I can find some things but nothing specific. Maybe I'm just a dimbulb.This is the last hurdle (of many), to enjoying this plane the way I think it was meant to be enjoyed and I'd like to get it out of the way so that joy may be unconfined. :-) Oh yeah, this is the FS9 version.

Guest lgvpilot1

Mike?Are you talking about the 737 load manager in the fs9/pmdg folderI've just checked mine and it works just fine , move the sliders for pax and payload and then hit save or am i also missing somethingMark

The "trick" (if you want to call it that).. run load manager before loading the PMDG 737NG. It needs to modify a config file before FS9 reads it, once loaded FS9 no longer uses the file.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Mike Phyrio

The "Load Manager" I'm referring to is in a shortcut on my desktop. I have run it before loading the PMDG 737NG and after it. It seems to make no difference. I have moved the sliders and saved the configuration and THAT seems to make no difference. Now, realize, that I'm loading a saved flight when I do this. Is the answer to start anew with everything and then load the flight from the start?? I should start off with "Create a Flight"?? Or load the plane from the default flight? How far back do I go?? I betcha that's it, isn't it. Loading a saved flight, I'm not going to be able to change the passenger load unless I do it manually in FS.....and then, there I am, right back in the fix I was in with the fuel.....but that's another story.Man, fun plane but more eccentricities than your aunt Hattie.Thanks for your help guys....we'll get this thing. :-)

You should be able to use the load manager to configure a saved flight. The only trick I know of is like I mentioned, set the load before loading the airplane.Try something. Find the config file for the pmdg 737, note it's date/time. Run load manager for that variant (eg., 600/700 etc). Confirm the load manager is changing the config file.This will test that the registry is correct. If it's not then we know the problem, if it is but the loaded aircraft doesn't reflect the change then something really weird is happening and you should be emailing PMDG support.Rest assured, the load manager does work.. just gotta figure out why your specific installation is not working.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Mike Phyrio

>Rest assured, the load manager does work.. just gotta figure>out why your specific installation is not working.Yeah, it does. What >I< have to do is to start up the Load Manager and then "Create a Flight". It doesn't seem to want to work any other way. Why? I dunno. Now, the big pain in the posterior is that I have to go back and reconfigure all my saved flights. But who cares. At least the thing is working. It's certainly not something to bother the people at PMDG with, they've doubtlessly got more important things on their minds. Problem, as far as I'm concerned: SOLVED!Thanks guys for the support!!!! Yay us!!

When you load a saved flight, it loads the load values from that flight, and not from the config file. 2 options:1) Reload the aircraft once you've loaded the saved flight, and it will update the load values2) Make a note of the load values in the aircraft.cfg file, and load them manually using the FS9 fuel/payload manager.

Guest Mike Phyrio

Both excellent ideas that I didn't even think of. Thanks Phil!!!