Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveyfly84

FMC cannot delete DISCO'S

Guest daveyfly84

Hi, Im having trouble trying to delete 'Discontinuity's from my flight plan(s) the ones in the middle of thr flight plan are not a problem as they are easy to delete or join up if needed. but most of the plans have a disco at end of plan ie after RWYxx, then on TRK 2000' from here on i have a DISCO (it should be a missed approach procedure and should say go back to VORxx) It has the correct VOR in the next 'Step' but has a DISCO in between it, and will not delete, nor can I upselect the next VOR Im using 737-700.... aircraftcan anyone help me on this thanksDave

Dave,Sounds like the terminal procedure file is not programmed right. AFAIK you should not have DISCOs in MAP.What airport/runway/procedure are you seeing this on? and what SID/STAR file set do you usually download and install?hope it helps,

Mats is correct. The disco error won't go away if the underlying problem is the leg doesn't connect to the next fix. A quick and dirty workaround is to delete the leg with the track and put the holding fix as the next leg, then if missed approach is needed just fly runway heading (use HDG instead of LNAV) until established in a safe goaround and follow the MAP on the chart. This at least let you use the sidstar file... we're still interested in the sidstar source you're using (especially if it's one of mine).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest daveyfly84

Hi all thanks to you all in trying to help me!! Im using a file thats recommended in the PDMG support pages on the web site its www.planepath.com I have Cycle 0802 as the latest cycle (as to date writing this) I do not however have the latest AIRAC cycle (which I have been told to get from www.Navdata.at Im using their free Cycle which is i think 0603 at the moment...Im flying EGKK Gatwick to EGJJ Jersey as a tester as I know this route wellThanksDave

Dave,Current procedures usually calls for current navdata as well. And it's not a huge amount of money to stay current. Check out www.navigraph.com Talk to Terry Yingling about the procedures from www.planepath.com He has his own forum a couple of flights down IIRC.Hope it helps,

Current cycle is 0803, and 0804 starts 10 Apr... good time to start getting current navdata from Navigraph.I have discovered that some missed approach procedures work fine in the 737 but the 747 will insert a disco... usually due to a climb restriction before the turn towards the holding fix. If this is the case, then like I suggested earlier all you need to do is promote the hold line to replace the constraint. That gets rid of the disco and if you want to fly the missed approach follow the instructions on the chart ( which you should have available for any approach flown).Meanwhile, the 747 unique discos can be eliminated by careful composition of the sidstar file by the author (Terry is very responsive to posts in his Terminal Procedures forum below).

Dan Downs KCRP