Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Push back will not come to a stop

On a couple of occassions I've noticed a problem with the push back function that is accessible from the COMM panel in the PMDG 747 (FS9). Everything starts correctly and the voice says that "pushback is complete set parking brakes please" but the backward movement continues endlessly. The first time, during a large cross the pond fly-in on VATSIM, I was consulting the charts while pushing back and when I looked up I had pushed through terminal B and A and was heading for the UPS cargo ramp at KEWR :D The second time happened yesterday, also on VATSIM, at EDDF.I tried activating a new and very short (couple of meters) push back from the COMM panel and also using the MSFS command for pushback (shift + P) but nothing helped. Yesterday it actually did come to a halt but I couldn't relate it to any of my actions. The first time, at KEWR, I had to disconnect from VATSIM and switch airplane back and forth.Any suggesions? It might seem like a trivial problem but if you fly on VATSIM and know that people might be watching you, it gets very stressful. Also disconnecting and switching airplane causes a lot of delay and extra work.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

It happened to me too. My solution is to press the pushback button (on the com panel) again and the movement stops. Hope it will work for you too.Neven

Thanks for the tip!I did try that yesterday but didn't see any immediate result. However, I did get the push back to come to a stop and quite possible there was enough of a delay that I didn't connect them together. I did get a bit stressed... ;) Will try it the next time!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

After flying the 747 for nearly two years I had this happen for the first time on my last flight. The only idfference for me was that I usually just fly one leg then save the flight and quit. This time I decided to jsut keep going and it was the second pushback without a fresh FS startup that I had the pushback issue. I can't say for sure that was why it happened but that was the only thing I know that I did different.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I just leave my sim running 24 hours a day and this happens 75% of the time ff you fly more then one Leg. Just push the button again and the aircraft stops.

Rob Prest

Krister,Double check and make sure you have set the length of the pushback correctly on the PMDG pushback util from the comm panel.It used to work perfectly for me (before I got AES'd that is...lol).There's probably a section in the manual about it also.Using the Shift-P (FS commands) doesn't always catch.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Jeff,yep, I'm confident I had the lenght set correctly so it's something going very wrong in the software. But as Neven said, pressing the pushback button again probably sort things out.I certainly know what you mean about AES, I've been severly bitten by that bug too. :D I do have MEGA scenery for EDDF activated in AES but sometimes it claims that the aircraft is not correctly configured (PMDG 747). Most of the times it works though.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hmmm, that's very strange that you get the AES 744 error. You might wanna pop over to their forums...make sure you got the latest version and such on that deal.Other then that, not sure what to tell you unless you might have something else software wise interferring with the key commands....maybe an FSUIPC offset or something....hard to say.Sorry I can't offer any more help then that.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply