Sign in to follow this  
ianoakrhind

PMDG SUPPORT

My 747-400 (V1-R11) has developed serious faults:Veers sharply to the right at start of take-off rollUnable to engage A/P.Basically, it has become unusable. I reported this (emails via Outlook Express)to support@precisionmanuals.com on 1st April 2008 and again a few days later. I have not received any reply or, of more concern, any automated responses. This would indicate that my emails are NOT being received by PMDG. They have always got through in the past and prompt, helpful advice has been given.I read on this FORUM about similar email problems and the suggestion was to try with gmail or yahoo.I have forwarded all my earlier emails to PMDG from my yahoo address.....still no automated response.I did however renew my EDS subscription with updateme@precisionmanuals.com................no problems getting through to them!!If anyone from PMDG reads this "cry for help" I would be very grateful if they could advise me just how I can make contact with their Support group.Many thanksIan Oak-Rhind

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png

I had luck with a gmail account. Their support address filtered out from a .edu domain as well as a mac.com domain, so I think they must filter everything out that isn't gmail or hotmail or the like.-stefan

Give us a screen shot of the panel during the beginning of your takeoff roll where the problem occurs, maybe we can spot something amiss from that.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Totalbeginner

It sounds like the rudder trim isn't centred.Try loading the default flight at start up. Then select the PMDG744 from the aircraft menu.DO NOT open an already saved flight!Does this solve the problem?

And a shot of the Lower EICAS status page.Rob

Rob Prest

Thanks to all for your suggestions.I will check the rudder trimCheck that all 4 engines are spooling up in syncI will not load from a saved flightCan someone tell me how to take a screen shot! I presume that it is not a photo taken with a digital camera and then scanned back into my PC for onward delivery?Ian Oak-Rhind

Check your joystick calibration...Just to clarify the email thing too by the way - if you don't get an automated response, it means that our emails to YOU aren't getting through, not the other way around. We receive everything that's sent to us. Whether our response gets back to you though is up to your ISP and their spam software.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You are absolutely spot on!!I did, as you suggested, and loaded the default FS9 flight at start up. I even flew a circuit in the 172 and then selected a PMDG 747-400 and it flew ABSOLUTELY perfectly...........even the A/P enagaged as per normal.So....the trick to know is, that if is there is a problem with a particular a/c from a SAVED flight.....go right back to basics and start all over from the default flight.Many thanks to all you kind people who offered interesting suggestions. Maybe the above solution will be of benefit to all.As far as contacting PMDG Support...........no problem when using yahoo and I have received and sent emails to Paul Gollnick about this matter.Thanks again......end of.....Ian Oak-Rhind