Sign in to follow this  
flyingAtoB

Trying to do the smithplanet tutorial

Hi all, I recently purchased PMDG 747 for FSX.I would really like to do this tutorial-http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/index.htmUnfortunatly it is for FS9 when I extract the files the folder in FSX "~/flights/pmdg", the pmdg folder is not there. Does anyone know where the three files should be placed in FSX, so I can follow this tutorial.The three files originally go into FS9 are-ColdDarkKLAX.FLT copy to- Flight Simulator 9FlightsPMDG ColdDarkKLAX.sav copy to-Flight Simulator 9PMDG747400PanelState KLAXKEDW.rte copy to- Flight Simulator 9PMDGFLIGHTPLANS Its the coldDarkKlax.flt, that is getting me, there doesn't seem to be a similar folder in FSX "Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XFlights"but no pmdg folder.I created a "/flight/pmdg" folder & put the file ColdDarkKlax.flt but this flight doesn't show up in FSX when trying to load. Is this tutorial compatible with FSX,Does anyone know where the files go if it is compatibleJohn

I'm just guessing that the files are not completly compatible.If all you need is a panel state (cold & dark), why not create it? I belive the folder states are kept in the My Documents space... same place as the saved flights.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, I didn't know about the "my documents" folder!I have dropped the ColdDarkKLAX.FLT in to the fsx simululator folder it now shows up in the FSX load window. :)Haven't got the time to do this flight yet, but it looks promising.Thanks John