Sign in to follow this  

expensive freewares

Dear Sir (Owner of FS Club) It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted works entitled EscenariosFS2002 Scenery--NEW YORK LA GUARDIA AIRPORT (1,963,693 bytes in 1 files), file name LGA2002.zip (the "Work") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, which was first published in 2001 and 2002 on www.flightsim.com and www.avsim.com, and I have registered the copyright. Your work entitled and which appears on your web site at http://www.fsclub.com.ar/, is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis. You neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for nor to make or distribute copies of it. Therefore, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 USC

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

>Man there are so many #### people in the FS Community :( >:-mad Well, I hardly consider individuals and groups like this to be part of the community. It is very obvious that they are working outside of our community and care nothing about holding that community together. So we force them out of the neighborhood if this is what they choose to do.

Guest jon_151

Aaaaah I hope that site got sued soon, any lawyer here ?

Tell them to take a look at FSPlanet as well ;) Take careMike

Guest GabrielR

Ok guys, My native language is the spanish, and I just read what a fellow simmer posted about that banner, basically they are saying that they are not selling the files wich, they state, is freeware, what they say is that they are selling is the "service" of selecting and compilating everything into three CDs. That's the most stupid Idea I've ever heard, there is a lot of people in this and other forums giving suggestios about what's of really good quality to be dowloaded, and they are not aasking for a single penny in return, I asked about the "must have files" some time ago, and had more than 40 responses and advices!! all for free.I just hope that this "disclaimer" is not a legal trick to get money out of other's work!!good Luck in the investigation!!

sorry, but this is a lost battle, this people is based on buenos aires, argentina. in south america piracy is very very extended (about 70-80% of the total mass), and the authorities are really not very interested, this is very true. you can go to fbi interpol and they will say you the same thing. so don't waste your time with this guys.if this is not enough to you, there are a lot of legal issues, and probably their "work" is licit, not ethic, of course.they can argue, they are just doing the very same flightsim.com do, profit from a service, compilating the work of many talented (and some not too much) freeware designers, you must notice, you don't get a penny from flightsim.com with their "additional cost, first class service", and they do the same thing because while flightsim offers preferent bandwith to download "your" files, this guys do it in cd! and you did not authorize,implicit or not , to profit from your work, in none of both ways.so really although you think this must not be tolerated (me too), don't waste energy, because the chance you can win is 1/10^8, really!p.s. they offer each cd at us$ 11, not 40 (remember the devaluation),and they are not related to carenado, carenado is based on chile, and they rectified their situation, and i am not from carenado :)regards from santiago...and sorry for my bad english :(

Hmmm, charging people for freeware. Hasn't flightsim.com been doing that for a while. "All nodes are busy..." (Whatever that means...)Flame me if you want, but its the truth. I do realize its expensive to run a site, but avsim manages to stay free and Flightsim runs a heck of a lot of ads. I would not be surprised if the site turns a profit just like these guys plan to do with their CD's. Anyway, time for bed...mb

Guest Lizardo

I couldn't have said it better myself, mb505. 6-8 tries randomly each day for 6 weeks and I got in once.

Tom,Perhaps we can ALL take a little bus ride over there next month? :-beerchug

BobK

Guest Wichita

:-( :-fume they >say they have proof that their not selling freeware... again >im not sure what they mean by that. I guess learning spanish >really paid off hehe. >>Andrew :-wave That could possibly be true if they had signed waviers from Freeware authors, but.. that's BS,authors on this site and FS.com who gave no such permission are seeing their files on these CD's for sale. Same ole' game once again....David