Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

PDMG 744X in FSX and FSUIPC conflict?

Hi to all,I have the latestest version 4 of FSUIPC (full paid for version). I also use the CH products yoke and pedals. I suspect that FSUIPC and FSX are fighting one another, particuarly on the brakes. My 744X suddenly seems very slugglish on t/off acceleration at full loads, reaching V2 as I blast through the threshold lights at the far end. This happens using TOGA or manual throttle. This happens on a 13000 foot runway with zero wind at 5000 ft elevation with the aircraft inside all its weight limits. I have noticed that by setting the park brake and releasing it again on the keyboard, it appears to free up the brakes for a time, particuarly on taxi. At no time do I have a "Brakes" indication on the screen but it seems to me the brakes are being interfered with between FSX and FSUIPC. To get a fully laden (within limits) 744X to start rolling on taxi I am having to move the throttles to about 70% N1, invoking a Take Off Config warning, just to get moving on the ramp. This is obviously not right!Anyone got any idea's here? I have been thru the FSUIPC manual and tried several things. Even re-installed FSUIPC to clean reset all defaults. The pedals are calibrated correctly and the null zones have been set correctly. I have now disabled the brake axis in FSX own menu and let FSUIPC control it exclusively. Doing it the otherway around seems not to work. It seems better now that I have done this but I am not sure if it is properly resolved. Most frustrating. One thing that has changed is that previously, if the park brake was set, pressing the pedal brakes would switch the park brake off. Now I notice that the park brake can only be switched off by pressing the period key on the keyboard. The pedal brakes do not canel the parking brake when pressed.At max weight, sea level ISA, at approx what throttle setting should I expect to see the 744X moving on taxi? This will guide me to know if the problem is still there. Any ideas appreciated!GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Greg,Does this sudden slugginess coincide with you installing or otherwise tweaking FSUIPC? If so I would suspect FSUIPC and would take it out of the Modules folder and try again. Are you managing your controller axises through FSUIPC or through FS?If you're not getting a BRAKES message and still sluggish I would definitely suspect something else such as weight or CG out of bounds.I am running PMDG 744X in FSX with FSUIPC (registered) without any problems (except the usual ones:-)).Hope it helps,

Hi Matts,This is the thing, it was working OK when first installed but then again, this was my first fully loaded flight in a while, so it may have gone unnoticed. I was indeed doing a bit of fiddling in FSUIPC trying to get familiar with all its options and it is possible that I made a change that I should not have. Since then I read the manual back to front and reset everything, even reinstalling by deleting the FSUIPC DLL and associated config file and reinstalled but it did not appear to resolve the issue. At the time I was managing all axis thru FSX.I have now set the brake axis to be controlled exclusively by FSUIPC and cleared it completely from the FSX control menu and it appears to have improved. Other axis are still running thru FSX though.The only other thing I changed was in the PMDG load menu - pounds to kilograms, but my ZFW and MTOW are in limits.I would love to know from you what the "usual ones" are wrt your comment in your last sentence. Might save me hours of trouble shooting an oddball problem that may be a known issue :-)Thanks!GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

>I would love to know from you what the "usual ones" are wrt>your comment in your last sentence. Might save me hours of>trouble shooting an oddball problem that may be a known issue>:-)Greg,That part was pretty much written in jest. I am trying to get all my axises and buttons managed by FSUIPC as it has more options and I do like the one-stop shop with FSUIPC. ANd getting it all to work with non-aircraft specifics and aircraft specific settings is pretty daunting. Also at least in FS9 I saw that FS reassigned the axises in FS despite me deleting them again and again. I do not want to completely turn off the controllers in FS as I use the pan view facility through FS. You might want to check on that.Cheers,

<>Just a thought: Weights in limits in proper units?I've used FSUIPC 4 for control response control and weather smoothing with no adverse affects. Never did play with any braking options tho -- just throwing out ideas.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks guys, appreciate all the help. Looks like setting up FSX, PMDG and FSUIPC to coexisit in perfect harmony will take some time, trial and error. Once I get it right I will vow never to enter the FSUIPC menu again lest I change something by mistake!All my aborted takeoffs while testing different settings has seen my poor brake temps up at 9 on the EICAS!GregH

GregH

This appears to be a problem with something as I have had the same issue. I think it is FSX myself. As soon as you press the brakes the values for the brakes go up but never come fully back to zero unless you hit the parking brake. I found this out with help from PMDG and using the monitor functions of FSUIPC when trying to find out why my autobrakes never worked. As soon as FSX was taken out of the loop for control it was fine and the brakes work and the autobrakes work.Not sure if it is a CHProducts/FSX issue or not but mine is the same. Will get Saitek pedals soon as the CH ones suck and give very inconsistant results in all axis.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Hi John,YES! You seem to understand my problem then. My suspicions mirror yours. When you say you took FSX out of the loop, do you mean you disabled the brake axis in the FSX Settings/Controls menu? This is what I have now done after hours of fiddling and fault finding, coupled to setting FSUIPC to control the brake axis exclusively. Seems to have worked but I would love to know for sure if this is a fix as it would be most irritating to spend 45 mins on the flight deck setting up for a heavy departure only to find myself trundling down the runway at full power and into the bushes at the other end, never having reached V1 :-)I have just purchased the CH equipment but would have gone the Saitek route had it been available in my neck of the woods - just looks better. So far I have no complaints with the CH yoke/pedals other than this particular issue which may or may not be an issue with the product itself. Also, to map certain function I found I had no choice but to purchase the full FSUIPC version. The yoke (and included software)refused to map TOGA etc without FSUIPC full version.GregH

GregH

>YES! You seem to understand my problem then. My suspicions>mirror yours. When you say you took FSX out of the loop, do>you mean you disabled the brake axis in the FSX>Settings/Controls menu? This is what I have now done afterYes, I have removed them completely from FSX and let FSUIPC do the processing and send it to FSX. In fact I do that for everything including all the buttons on my Saitek Yoke. I find that the Saitek is a much sturdier build all round. I started with the CH stuff but after 8 months my Yoke started playing up badly and never centres properly anymore and really sicks badly. all plastic build where the Sitek is a metal shaft. My pedals are starting to go the same way so they will be next but currently all axis on the pedals are processed by FSUIPC and everything is removed from FSX controls area.

Thanks John, this is great to know. Puts my mind at rest.GregH

GregH

Guest SkullxBones

> As soon as you press the>brakes the values for the brakes go up but never come fully>back to zero unless you hit the parking brake. I found this>out with help from PMDG and using the monitor functions of>FSUIPC when trying to find out why my autobrakes never worked.>As soon as FSX was taken out of the loop for control it was>fine and the brakes work and the autobrakes work.Wow! Thanks for this info. I'll have to try some more RTO's. I had given up on autobrakes, because sometimes the autobrakes would work and sometimes not. And now that I think of it they seemed to work if I spawned on the runway ready to go, having never used the brakes, and wouldn't work after brakes had been used prior to takeoff.I hope the next patch will address this.Jeff P.

Guest SkullxBones

I tried using the parking brake to see if it would reset the brake temps. I don't know if it did or not, but I couldn't get autobrakes to work after doing it. The only time the autobrakes works for me is if I don't touch my Saitek rudder pedal brakes before takeoff. After the brakes have been used, no more autobrakes.Jeff P.

Guest SkullxBones

Just did another test. Started FSX, didn't touch brakes, RTO autobrakes worked. After full stop, power up again, still didn't touch the brakes, RTO autobrakes worked again. Third time, after another full stop, I just barely tapped one pedal and this time no autobrakes on RTO. PMDG- If it helps you guys find a fix. In XP with my Saitek pedals, if you go to control panel/game controllers/properties/deadzones for the rudder pedals you see that the default rest state of the brake pedals is at 50% if you don't touch them when you start it. When you press the brake pedal and then let go, it then falls down to 0% where you'd think it should be to begin with. I wonder if this initial rest state is somehow throwing FSX for a loop, when maybe it is expecting it to be at 0%.Jeff P.

Hi Jeff P,I can attest to this to. I have FSUIPC4 full version and inside that program I could see that the range for my brake axis ran from -16325 to +16325. However, after applying the CH Products rudder brakes this axis then operated between -8175 to +8175. In other words, only half the axis appeared active (if thats the right way to describe it.By disabling all FSX control of the brake axis and letting FSUIPC control it exclusively, the problem has gone away, hopefully permanently. I now have normal braking control and RTO brake control. Do you use a full version of FSUIPC? If not, may serve you to purchase this (takes 5 mins online and does not cost too much considering the issues it can resolve for you such as this one).What is interesting to me is that you use Saitek. I have CH Products. This means it is more likely a limitation or bug in the FSX engine or, assuming it only affects the PMDG aircraft, an issue with the 744X braking control. (I never checked other aircraft while experiencing this issue).

GregH

Gents-We have a pretty significant rewrite of the brakes/autobrake logic coming in the update for the 400X.It was the subject of a significant amount of testing/retesting in this update because of some unwanted behavior that was hard to reproduce.We'll likely have it in your hands next week!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com