Sign in to follow this  
claviermichel

PMDG 747-400 and FS Flight Keeper

Ladies and Gentlemen,I am perfectly aware that modifications of any kind of PMDG panels is not supported by PMDG and to a certain extend discouraged by the developers.However, FS Flight Keeper has an "ACARS device installer" which obviously installs automatically a hotspot or switch whatever you may want to call it in different panels including the PMDG 747-400. For that purpose Servinfo offers a similar app to include a hotspot for the Servinfo window and I am sure there are other softwares offering similar services.Well, I tried to install the ACARS from FS Flight Keeper with their device installer but the hotspot appears on the panel briefly only when PMDG is loading and after that disappears. Worth noting however that the mouse reacts when passing over the location of the hotspot. Here are the modifications, rather additions, made by the ACARS device installer in the panel config:1. [Window Titles] Window20=FSFK ACARS Device2. [Window01] gauge19=FSFK-ACARS!Hotspot, 1417,576,32,22,15372|8011|03. [Window20] Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=635,476 window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8 visible=0 ident=15372 gauge00=FSFK-ACARS!Device, 0,0,635,476Question: is there anywhere a parameter missing which makes the so-called hotspot disappearing from the panel after it opens?I would very much appreciate your guidance and advice.Once again I know of PMDG's reluctance to see their panels modified and apologize in advance for this request.Thanks,Best regards,

The hotspot is invisible for me too but I know where it is so no big deal.have you tried changing visible=0 to 1? Rob

Rob Prest

Hi Rob,thanks for replying.Unfortunately changing the window status from 0 to 1 does not make the ACARS button appear but it opens the ACARS window when PMDG is starting.There must be a trick to make the button appear which I have not yet discovered. Maybe one of the genious around here can help.Best regards,

Unfortunately I can't help you but just wanted to say that I had no problems getting the icon to be visible all the time. I dind't do anything special as far as I recall and I put it on the panel where you choose views in 2d.I have since re-installed MSFS and actually haven't installed the acars device yet in the PMDG 747, but I'll give it a go!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------