Sign in to follow this  
Guest nilisvd

747X - ALTITUDE ISSUES

Guest nilisvd

What altitude did you set in the mcp window??Niels

Also, what is your gross weight?Are you on a long haul flight?You need to check fuel management relevant to your flight plan,i.e. altitude etc.Ron

Ron Service

Fully loaded to the max you should be able to get to at least FL280-300. If you're not overloaded, then what's indicated on the annunciator above the PFD... should be indicating THR REF and the EICAS should indicate CLB... one other item not mentioned is your speed... should be well above 300 kts above 10,000.

Dan Downs KCRP

Also important is your outside air temperature for climb performance. Are you using external weather?Cheers,

Yeah FSINN has problems with their weather engine when connected online.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

David-Can you give us a bit of information on your flight?Departure Location:Weight at Takeoff:Fuel on Board:Zero Fuel Weight:Altitude you are climbing to:Temperature at the highest altitude you reach:Thrust setting(green indication at top of the EICAS):Airspeed in the climb:AFDS modes being used for the climb(in green on the FMA at top of the PFD):

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest cassiar1

Can anyone explain to me why it is that I struggle to get my 747 above FL240. I set the VNAV correctly & whichever method I use 'VS', VNAV' or 'FL CHG' I cannot get much higher.There must be something I'm doing wrong in either my pre-flight or in-flight setup.Any suggestions?RegardsDavid Williamson