Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnegg

9Dragons Kai Tak LOC problem

Guest johnegg

Hi, after searching the forums I cant find a clear answer to my problem so am wondering if any one here can help ?Have installed V2.1 9Dragons VHHX and added the necessary lines to the nav data of the Queen.However when I establish on the localiser for the IGS13 approach the magenta line takes me slightly to the right hand side of the right hand red marker and does not line me up on the white turn markers.Obviously you have to hand fly the last part of the approach but I have to disconnect the auto pilot early and correct my approach and fly quite a distance to the left of the localiser line on the FMC making a difficult approach even harder !Any help on this would be gratefully recieved.Regards JohnCore2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbCH Products Yoke & PedalsHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

John,I was the beta tester who positioned the LOC & G/S Beams within the 9D AFCAD Files & I also wrote the amendments which should be placed into the various NAVDATA files, I was also responsible for writing the Kai Tak SID/STAR file. In the documentation supplied with the scenery you will also have access to the blurb (written by me also) on how to make the approach successfully in addition to my approach briefing based on the operation of the 744 (now I have set myself up for a slating LOL!!).I use this scenery regularly & encounter no issues.By positioning your aircraft to the left of the LOC beam you are actually making the visual turn onto short final an easier manoevure.Without a screenshot of your issue it is very difficult to make assessment of what your particular problems seem to be. A screenie would be most helpful. Your issues may be similar to other ILS positioning issues that have been a source of comment on this forum, these may not be linked to the NAVDATA, Scenery or the SID/STAR file.Kind RegardsSteve Bell

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Guest vezza75

Steve,thanks for your job, anyway I have a question... I can't find those amendments to be placed into the various NAVDATA files, I found only SID & STARS for PMDG products. Could you be so kind to tell me where they are? Are there also SID & STARS for PSS products?Kind RegardsAndrea V.

Andrea,Unfortunately I am not at home so I am unable to access the readme file that came with the 9 Dragons Scenery Download.If you have downloaded the 9 Dragons Files correctly from Avsim you should have access to this file...I am puzzled why you do not have this information?In the meantime perhaps someone else who has access to this file can post the detail you need...I will not be in a position to post this information until 1900hrs (UTC +1) Wed 21 May 08.I do not own any PSS products or write the procedures for them & therefore there is no procedure included in the 9 Dragons File (to the best of my knowledge).Kind RegardsSteve Bell

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Guest vezza75

Steve,Thanks for your quick reply, well you are right I found the information I was looking for... sorry, I should have looked better before posting. I managed to insert them into FSNAV and PMDG .dat files but no way with PSS one's, they have a different format. Anyway, thanks for your help, I'm going to search for a tool that will convert FSNAV or PMDG .dat files to PSS .datKind Regards,Andrea V.