Sign in to follow this  
Guest dmr100

PMDG 737- SID/STAR updates not working!

Guest dmr100

HelloOn my PMDG 737-800 I don't have many SIDS or STARS for many airports, including Gatwick and Heathrow. I've downloaded some updates from NAVData but they don't work, even though I put the files in the correct folder. Whenever I open the FMC and enter the airport ICAOs, I just get EGKK err, *SID/STAR name* unknown.Please help!Dom

The navdata stuff is old, and includes only sidstars, which haven't been updated since last fall.You need to go to Navigraph and update the complete set of navdata and sidstar procedure files. There is a small cost to doing this but the only option is to get a free copy of cycle 0609 from them and try to find sidstars of that vintage.Basically, there's two sets of data: Navdata includes airports, runways, localizer info, fixes and routes in a couple of files. SIDSTARS are one file for each ICAO location, include departures, arrivals and approaches. The data works together within the FMC, so it should be of the same vintage. You can look in the PMDG/SIDSTARS folder to see if you have a file for EGLL.. it will have the filename EGLL.txt.You can also get SIDSTARs free from Terry Yingling (planepath.com) for US & UK, and I provide customized procedures for all major US locations (my collection is in the AVSIM library).See also the article on SIDSTARS in the PMDG knowledge base at: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSHope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP