Sign in to follow this  
ubersu

737 airstairs do not work 1.2

Without in any way wanting to get between you and PMDG, I have assigned CTL+SHIFT+S to the Concord Nose Droop and CTL+SHIFT+R to the Concord Nose Retract - these settings work fine for the airstairs.DJ

As I stated previously... I have read the FAQ regarding operation of the airstairs with the 737 and have followed it. I don't know what "troubleshooting" is required...I press "SHIFT+E+3" (as per the FAQ/ previous posts) and nothing happens. Yes, it is an "airstair" model 737. "Mats-I'm with you... In nearly five years of operation- we're pretty comfortable the stairs work. So it wouldn't take much effort to trouble-shoot such a well used system- but while there is no requirement that everyone be pleasant- this level of venom is a bit over the top."Randazzo, If you had to endure the many problems my PMDG 737 has had (3 reinstalls), the various lighting issues that will never be resolved (no 2D "dome light", the annoying Logo light that won't turn off, which I had to fix myself as if this was freeware!) and the "we are done with the 737 and are going after NEW FSX money...go away!" attitude ("done"...but never "completed"...a la CS), then I think I have maintained a herculean level of civility. In the future you should stop selling a product the same day you stop supporting a product. Did your product description say "Our 737 has an annoying logo light which will not turn off and looks ridiculous at FL360...and we will do nothing about it"? Did it say "Lowly, 2nd class 2D users, will notice that there is no longer a working overhead light after the upgrade to the 800-900 series...but we don't care about you"? No, of course not...I might not have thrown you the money without further investigation, otherwise. Yes, PMDG will always have new FSX money and can afford to ignore my issues without any pain and that is fine. We can just ignore each other. My money will ignore PMDG in the future and PMDG can ignore my (already spent) money now and in the future. There was NO WAY I was going to let the above quote go unanswered, however. You may see this as "venomous" (LOL!). Believe me...this is nowhere NEAR that. None of my words will come out as "XXXXXX". It's a simple statement of my total displeasure with PMDG. Calling it "venomous" is just a deflection of criticism on your part. Maybe, in my next life, I will allow myself to be bent over and have it put to me...and offer tea and crumpets afterwards...but I doubt it. I will certainly not do it in THIS life! :-P I'm certain AVSIM will delete this as, like the other site, they are more into YOUR money than the actual flightsimmer's opinions...whatever.

You stated in your post that you use Shift-E-3 and nothing happens. That key assignment generally opens the door. It will not lower the airstairs.Assign keys to "Extend Concorde Nose Fully", and "Retract Concorde Nose Fully" and that should do the trick.As for the logo light, that is not modeled in the PMDG 737, originally designed for FS2002. The dome light is not modelled in 2D, but only in 3D to assist users in better seeing the instruments during daytime when the panel is in the shade. This was added in an update at the request of our customers.Have a nice day.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest trigger2006

hi mate if ou look in the pmdg site and go to product support and it tell you how to work the stairs i have copy and peste the writing for you let me know how it goes Where are the airstairs and how do they operate?The airstairs can be used by selecting the model with airstairs from the Select an Aircraft menu in FS9 after selecting the PMDG 737 series. To operate the stairs the following key assignments will need to be made in FS9. Stairs are extended by using the