Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom_Borkert

No autotune of ILS frequency after installing update 1.20

Guest Tom_Borkert

Hello,after installing the Update 1.20 (FS9) the autotuning of the ILS frequency doesn't work anymore. The only way to catch the ILS is to enter the frequency manually, ohterwise the NAV/RAD page of the CDU shows "PARK". I'm using the FlyEngravity CDU. Is this a known bug already?GreetingsTom

>Hello,>>after installing the Update 1.20 (FS9) the autotuning of the>ILS frequency doesn't work anymore. The only way to catch the>ILS is to enter the frequency manually, ohterwise the NAV/RAD>page of the CDU shows "PARK". I'm using the FlyEngravity CDU.>Is this a known bug already?>>Greetings>Tom>Well, perhaps it has to do with the fact that PMDG has included a new AIRAC cycle (0802) in this update (WHY ???? = ANGRY !!!).New airac = New problems, and stored flightplans not working anymore.I have had to go to my backup hard-disk to recover my old 0506 cycle.Jose Luis.

Guest David Ketchum

LOL!

:) anyway no probs here with auto tune and I still have cycle 0805 but I did backup quite a few folders and copy them back after the update as I have a few sounds and other things customized.

Rob Prest

Rob,I concur...I'm sure I didn't see any AIRAC files going across when I installed the update...0805 was present when I checked the IDENT Page.ILS Auto-Tune also worked once I had elected to return to the departure field, having selected the approach on the DEP/ARR Page.Kind RegardsSteve Bell

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I just checked this to be 100% sure. Flew CDG/IST. The ILS autotuned, but stayed in park. About 25 miles from TD, the ILS switched from park, to active, and I was receiving the localizer.What airport and ILS were you using? Maybe it's an issue with a specific ILS and/or airport.

Guest Tom_Borkert

I checked several airports (EDDL, KBOS, KORD). The ILS worked perfect with these airports in version 1.10. My airac cycle is 805. I think it's a bug in the PMDG Engravity CDU interface. May be it's incompatible with version 1.20.I will post this issue direct to PMDG support.Greetings Thomas Borkert

Guest sunbear

Ditto on the ILS freq. not showing on the FMC Init. page. However, the ILS does function at the destination rwy indicated in the FMC and gives off both localizer and GS functionality.jack