Sign in to follow this  
ubersu

PMDG 747-400/400F for FS9 Version 1.20 Update/Schedule

Guest MIKELYLE

Hi I am about to become the owner of a PMDG 747-400 (delivery in about a week)?? Will I have to install the update immediatly and before running the sim, is the update self install.Regards Mike Lylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgp.s. exuse the premature proud owner logo!

Mike,Congratulations on the impending arrival. I know I speak for everyone else here when I say that you'll be thoroughly pleased. A word of advice: take the PMDG 744 Certification course and seriously look into getting FS2Crew for her, too. Now, on to your question.This has been asked before and, I believe, the answer was that you'd have to run the available updates after installation/re-installation. This means that you'll have to download and run the new update when it becomes available if it's after she's arrived to your hangar.

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain

American Airlines Virtual

Guest MIKELYLE

Hi RaymondThanks for your quick response to my post.I will install any available updates before I fly the aircraft.One other point my computer is :-AMD ATHLON 6000+ DUAL CORE PROCESSOR RUNNING AT 3.1 GIGNAVIDIA 8600 GT (512 ON BOARD)2 GIG MEMORYFS9 CENTURY OF FLIGHTCan you forsee any problems running the PMDG 747-400 on this rig ?.I will look into the FS2CREW add on.Thanks againbest regards MIKE LYLEhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Mike,You'll be absolutely fine. I'm running FS9 on an AMD Athlon64 3700+ @ 2.2GHz with 2G memory viewed with an ATI Radeon X1600 Pro. I have no problems running FS9, the Queen, FS2Crew, Active Sky, FS Flight Tracker and Serv Info. Sure, my CPU usage is usually pegged at about 98% with everything I run. But I still get around 20 - 30 fps, depending upon scenery.By all means, do look into FS2Crew. It adds a whole new demention of realism and reduces your work load. :)

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain

American Airlines Virtual