Sign in to follow this  
Guest QFA380

Troubles Adding Repaints

Guest QFA380

Hi guys,Recently I've been having trouble adding repaints to my PMDG fleet. I have the 737-600/700, 737-800/900 and the PMDG 747-400, all for FS9.I put the texture folder into the aircrafts folder, then open the aircraft.cfg and add all that. I've checked all the additions to make sure they're correct. I copied and pasted and just edited the texture and flightsim. fields for one aircraft and renamed the texture folder and it still didn't work.This is happening on all 3 of my products. Pretty annoying because my VA just launched the 744 and I can't get the repaint to work.I've added a number of repaints before, mainly to the 744 and they've all worked, don't get why now they don't work.Also, on the 737-800/900, I select the plane, do the airport, weather time and all that, I click Fly Plane and then when the plane has finished loading I get a crash to desktop and FS restartes, this is happening on both the 800 and 900 with multiple repaints and models used.Any help will be greatly appreciated.ThanksBen Renelt

The PMDG liveries are self installing, are you using these or third party repaints?Not sure anyone can help with your CTDs once the config files have been modified.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest QFA380

I use third party repaints, I'll try the PMDG ones and see if they work.I tried one PMDG one and it worked, any idea why the others aren't working though? I didn't install them in the right order, could that be the problem?

Ben,make sure that your config file entries are numbered consecutively with no duplicates and no missing numbers, for instance;fltsim.0....fltsim.1.....fltsim.2....fltsim.3.....

Guest QFA380

They are numbered consecutively, as I said, I've added many repaints before but they just aren't working now.

I'm in the exact same boat but I am using the -400F. I have been repainting a plane and copied a previous CFG entry and FS won't even recognize the new paint that I have created and created folders and entries for.FSRepaint recognizes it just fine.

There are some cases with third party repaints,where they do not include all the textures.You may have to copy some textures from a "working" texture and overwrite.Also sometimes you can run into the folder within a folder problem when extracting.Check that the texture is actually in the XXXXdot format.Ron

Ron Service