Sign in to follow this  
Guest artjosh

747 Questions

Guest artjosh

HiI have several questions regarding the 747X and am hoping you can help!1. Left Veer during roll-out: Irrespective of whether I perform a CATIII autoland or a manual land, the aircraft always veers to the left during roll-out and exiting the runway. Taxiing to the gate, the plane always pulls to the left too and I have to steer with almost full right joystick to compensate this. I deactivate the autothrottle before "Retard", disable the F/D whilst braking and disengage the aurtopiot completely before exiting the runway. I also check the rudder is centred. No matter what airport I land at, the plane always pulls left and is virtually unsteerable. Have I perhaps missed something during the above mentioned procedure causing this?2. Company Routes:Can somebody please tell me how to save a route I have inputted in the FMC as a company route that I can call up at a later stage?3. Brake TemperatureThe EICAS permanently shows the yellow "Brake Temparature" warning, even whilst at the gate or during flight with the undercarriage retracted at -41 degrees! Can anybody tell me please why this appears and what I need to do to rectify this?4. DoorsAny idea how I can actually see the doors opening, both in the external view and on the EICAS DRS-screen? I get the ticker-message that the exits are open, but physically they remain closed. Do I need a special plug-in or add-on the see the doors/freight hatches etc actually open?Thanks in advance for your help!regards from EDDFEd

Ed:Items 1 & 3 (pulling left and brake temps) might be related. Under normal conditions the aircraft should not be pulling to one side or the other, the common reason is A/P still engaged, which you have taken care of.Item 2 On RTE page 1, after the flight plan is activated and executed, a COPY prompt will appear next to one of the LSBs... press it to save the flight plan to file. The default filename will be two ICAO codes followed by a sequence number (e.g., EGLLKJFK001).Item 4: Make sure you have advanced animations checked in the FSX settings (I forget exactly where this box is). The doors are animated and should be visible from an external view.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest artjosh

Hi Danthank for your answers, most appreciated.Concerning point 1, could this have to with the aircraft trying to fly the Go Around cycle? It just seems strange that it is loathe to leave the runway. Maybe I'm programming the FMC wrong and it does not recognise the Go Around as such, but rather part of the base route?The Go Around is entered automatically upon selecting the ILS runway - do I need to delete the DISCO that is inserted after he runway entry?RegardsEd

Even if the missed approach were activated with the toga button, you've disconnected the A/P (by pressing down the disconnect bar) so she shouldn't be affecting the controls.I've noticed some missed approach procedures work fine in the 737 but have disconnects in the 747... got ideas but haven't nailed this one yet. Which procedure (location/approach) is this, and whose is it (navigraph, planepath, etc)?I recommend removing all disco errors, in this case it's easy because usually all you have to do is "promote" the hold fix to the line with the disco to wipe it out (but if you fly the go-around use the published procedure).Have you check your controls for spikes or calibration?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest artjosh

I usually calibrate as the first thing I do - and the controls are fine for everything prior to touch down. taxiing before take-off is fine.I'll monitor this and let you know if I manage to find out what it is! I also noticed a very old post on this subject that was left unanswered - so it seems I'm not the only one to have this issue.Thanks for your help Dan, & regards from EDDFEd