Sign in to follow this  
roland

400 Freighter: top beacon light

After many many hours of flying the freighter I am wondering whether I have found a problem relating to the position of the beacon light on top of the fuselage.There is red light glass simulated at the correct position but if the beacon light is switched on, a second red light positioned about 10 feet in front of the proper light appears and is blinking. The original light with the glass stays dark.Can this be corrected? It looks as if the position of the beacon light is handled by the model file, right?Thanks and regardsRoland

I'd like to add that I have just realized that with the pax version the blinking beacon light is correctly positioned exactly on top of the red glass dome on top of the fuselage.With the freighter version however, the blinking beacon light is at the very same position as in the pax variant, but the red dome is much further back than in the pax version. That's definitely not how it should be.Please advise how to move the beacon entry under the lights section of the cargo version further back so it will match the dome?ThanksRoland

Hi Roland,What version are you using? FS9 or FSX?In FS9 version, running FS9.1 on Windows XP Home, I have just checked and the beacon lights are positioned correctly exactly at the red light dome on both top and bottom of the fuselage, for the pax and freighter versions. All the lights are exactly where they should be per the actual aircraft on my computer.Hope you get this sorted out!Tim

Hi Tim,Very strange indeed. I have the same set-up as you (FS9.1 on XP Home). Could you please post the Lights settings in your aircraft.cfg?I am in the office right now but can recall that in my config file the beacon light's forward aft position is something like -33,000.Roland