Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Saitek Control Stick button assignments

I have the defaults set for my Saitek X45 flight control stick and throttle, but I am missing out on assigning many of the buttons to useful functions for the B744X.Can anyone with more buttons assigned please tell me which they find useful please?My default settings give the following for the flight stick:Button 1 (Trigger) - apply/release brakesButton 2 (Fire A) - view next categoryButton 3 (Fire :( - elevator trim downButton 4 (Launch) - elevator trim upButton 5 (Fire D) - flaps extend incrementallyButton 6 (Mouse Fire) - flaps retract incrementallyButton 7 (Pinkie) - unassignedButton 8 (Fire C) - landing gear extend/retractButton 9 (Mode 1) - unassignedButton 10 (Mode 2) - unassignedButton 11 (Mode 3) - unassignedButton 12 (Auxiliary 1 aft) - unassignedButton 13 (Auxiliary 1 mid) - unassignedButton 14 (Auxiliary 1 fore) - unassignedButton 15 (Hat 2 fore) - unassignedButton 16 (Hat 2 right) - unassignedButton 17 (Hat 2 aft) - unassignedButton 18 (Hat 2 left) - unassignedButton 19 (Hat 3 aft) - unassignedButton 20 (Hat 3 right) - unassignedButton 21 (Hat 3 fore) - unassignedButton 22 (Hat 3 left) - unassignedButton 23 (Mouse cursor control up) - unassignedButton 24 (Mouse cursor control fore) - unassignedButton 25 (Mouse cursor control down) - unassignedButton 26 (Mouse cursor control back) - unassignedHat switch 1 - view panand for the throttle unit:Rudder control - unassignedRotary switch 1 - unassignedRotary switch 2 - unassignedI also do not understand what is meant by 'mouse yoke left/right' assigned to ailerons left/right, 'mouse yoke up/down' assigned to elevator axis, 'mouse look left/right' assigned to view - pan left/right, and 'mouse look up/down' assigned to view - pan up/down. Are these only usable in 3D mode? Any help?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest SkullxBones

Some of the keyboard functions for the PMDG747 have to be set through the PMDG section of the add-on menu in game. It's handy to have the autopilot and autothrottle linked to your yoke/joystick. During landing you can quickly disconnect them without having to take your eye off the screen to look for the key on the keyboard.

Guest glenlee

Hi, there are often posts like this on here and you'll be more than lucky to get any response... (search for similar, I got 1 reply to my last try!!!)I use the X52Pro, some of the key locations are different but I'll list mine to give you an idea what to use the other keys for.I deleted nearly all of the un-used commands from within FSX key assignment page (things like NAV frequency shortcuts and things that are just easier to click on!) I then assigned a load of key presses in the PMDG menu list and noted which ones I used.From the Saitek menu list I came up with this plan.....(Trigger) - apply/release brakes(Guarded Fire) - Auto Pilot ON(Fire A) - Elevator trim DOWN(Fire :( - Elevator trim UP(Fire C) - ALTitude Press InterveneI split the top left hat into individual key presses(Left / Right) - Increase/decrease heading(Up/Down) - Increase/decrease Altitude(Remaining hat switch) - Pan view (left that alone in FSX menu)(Pinkie) - Used as SHIFT key in Saitek control, see next menu listSHIFT HELD IN(shift-Trigger) - Parking Brake(Shift-Guarded Fire) - Auto Pilot Disconnect(Shift-Fire A) - (Shift-Fire :( - (Shift-Fire C) - HeaDinG Press InterveneI split the top left hat into individual key presses(Left / Right) - Increase/decrease Course(Up/Down) - Increase/decrease FLAPS incrementally(Fire D) - landing gear extend/retractThe throttle is laid out much different on the 45 to the 52 but again this is for ideas...(Fire D) - Set TO/GA(Fire E) - (Clutch mode off Fire 'i') - Open/close ATC Window(E button rotary) - Steering Tiller(i Button Rotary) - Not used as it's too sensitive and small!(Slider) - Airbrakes(Mouse wheel up/down) - V/S inc/dec(Mouse wheel Press) - V/S ModeThrottle TopHat is again split into individual key presses...(Up/Down) - Increase/decrease Speed(Left/Right) - Next/previous ViewI've assigned some shift states for these keys - (SHIFT-D) - RESET TO/GA(SHIFT-E) - Cycle GEAR(SHIFT-i) - Taxi LightMode key functions are used to select which key press configuration to have depending on what aircraft is loaded, I have mode 1 to PMDG, mode 2 to Flight 1 ATR and mode 3 is Wilco AirbusFor those reading this with the X52....Toggle switches on the stick....(T1) - LNAV(T2) - VNAV(T3) - HDG SEL(T4) - FLCHT5 & T6 are used as fs2crew main and secondary keysShift states for these keys are...(T1) - LOC(T2) - APP(T3) - SPEED hold(T4) - ALT holdThere are still unused keys and switches but this set-up gets me through a flight quite easily...Hope this helpsGlen LeeP.S. Anyone esle feel like adding to this list of ideas?

Glen,Many thanks for your input. Will be most useful.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx