Sign in to follow this  
sshotick

Anyone experiencing the skewed ND - read!

Guest Oz_Animal

Sorry TomYes to all of the above...lolI make the common mistake of not explaining the simple things as I keep thinking we all no what we are doing to some point...I hope..lolThe entries were missing as I was happily deleting / changing things to see what effect it had. None I

Steve,I'm really starting to run out of ideas here man. Bottom line is that somehow your magdec.bgl isn't being located or read properly, that's the only way this situation can arise in our code.There is 100% without a doubt an explanation for it but it's extremely system specific, whatever it is. I don't think it's MCE - Paul runs MCE on one of his machines and reports no such problem with the plane.Just to verify - you have actually done a fully clean install of Windows + updates & drivers, then FSX + SP2, then the 744X correct? As in, you actually repartitioned and formatted the HD in XP setup, totally blanking it, and then reinstalled the OS from scratch? Is this an OEM XP disc? Does it have any software besides the OS that gets installed? You're not doing a "factory reset" or any other type of disk image based "reinstall" that sets the computer back to how it came from the manufacturer are you?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Steve, try one more thing! Check your hkey_Local_Machine entry for trailing space(s) or other undisplayed characters. If they are there, you'll have the same problem. I just tried adding a space at the end of my entry on my Vista Installation, and the ND was skewed again. Took it out, and it's back to normal!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Folks,I have been experiencing the skewed ND and am pleased to report that the registry path fix seems to have corrected the problem. I first tried the flight one utility but that did not work. When I used regedit I discovered that I did not have the trailing backslash (). I also noted that unlike the other examples shown in this thread my HKEY_LOCAL_USER default subkey was set to the same value as the AppPath subkey. My edited registry that is working is shown below:HKEY_LOCAL_USERhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188316.jpgHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188318.jpgRegards,Jeff Williams

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Yeah! It's the hkey_Local_Machine path that is the key here, if that is correct, then there will be no poblems. My fear was that by making it work in the 744X, would we be breaking something else that already worked. After all everything else worked except the 744X before adding the backslash. So far thankfully I see no issues.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi RyanRe your question "Just to verify - you have actually done a fully clean install of Windows + updates & drivers, then FSX + SP2, then the 744X correct?"I have installed Windows with and without up-dates. Used default drivers and used up-dated drivers from the specific manufactures. The only thing I haven

Guest Oz_Animal

That

Steve, did you check your 744x installer with MD5Summer and the hash file I posted above?And, yes, you should install FSX - start, run, & exit; then FSXsp1, start, run & exit; then FSXsp2 start run & exit; then addons.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Ok, I had one other idea. Check if your dll.xml file is formated correctly. I sort of doubt that's it, since the other systems also wouldn't work, if it wasn't. Worth a check anyway!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

>Hi Ryan>>Re your question >"Just to verify - you have actually done a fully clean install>of Windows + updates & drivers, then FSX + SP2, then the 744X>correct?">>I have installed Windows with and without up-dates. Used>default drivers and used up-dated drivers from the specific>manufactures. The only thing I haven

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>>I have installed Windows with and without up-dates. Used>>default drivers and used up-dated drivers from the specific>>manufactures. The only thing I haven

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Ale et al,As I understand it the SP2 in Acceleration pack and the stand alone SP2 are identical. Only difference being stand alone SP2 has a designated installer wrap.Cheers,

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi RyanJust to clarify, I'm not suggesting that there is a problem with your code, not at all, I am suggesting that something in my set-up is having an influence over the code that it shouldn't, and that I am just trying to get an understanding of what the code will or will not allow so I can track the offending "Swine" down on my system.I have no doubt by installing a fresh windows etc will solve the problem. I am purchasing another drive/OS and will let you know but I think I already know the answer and she will be fine. I will still keep the fault intact on this drive as I would like to find the cause of this issue still for 2 very important reasons and I'm sure you will agree with the first one.The main reason is it would be nice to know the exact cause and no doubt what the simple fix is so if this happens to someone else they don't have to loose all there other Windows based programs and go through the myriad of testing, frustration & installs again. Case in point imagine if the registry problem and fix that Tom found (God bless him) was known about earlier, the heartache for the people it affected and yourselves would have been zero and nobody would have had to go through the 27 installs....:) The second reason I want to find this is just the simple question of why....Izza gotta know...I have put that much time into it I just have to find out why.I do appreciate the help and suggestions from everyone and any idea is a great one so please don't stop posting your thoughts.RegardsSteve

The main reason is it would be nice to know the exact cause and no doubt what the simple fix is so if this happens to someone else they don't have to loose all there other Windows based programs and go through the myriad of testing, frustration & installs again. Case in point imagine if the registry problem and fix that Tom found (God bless him) was known about earlier, the heartache for the people it affected and yourselves would have been zero and nobody would have had to go through the 27 installs....Thanks, but actually as it turned out it was found earlier than I found it, only for FS9.1, in fact, that post is stickied. All I discovered, was it the fix also works for FSX! We just never looked at that post before, since it was titled an FS9 problem, and the subject title was for an installation not found error. I actually found that registry fix in another post for something not even PMDG related, and as I said, I wasn't even going to try it initially so it was actually just by chance I came across it. I guess it was just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!