Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

PMDG B1900D

I just purchased the Beech 1900D. Does it not have a check list? I couldn't find one. I did find the specs info but not a check list. Maybe one isn't really needed?Also, do the fuel pump switches work? I thought this was a full operating version and as such, purchased it. I have the 737's and expected this one to be up to the same in simulation function.I'm not saying I'm disappointed yet, but would appreciate some info.Thanks,Jim D.p.s. I may have some other questions as I get to know the aircraft.

Hi JimYes, the PMDG Express B1900D does have a check list. You can access it through the kneeboard from within FS9. You can also access it manually by navigating to (in a typical installation) C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG EXPRESS B1900Dbeech_1900D_check.htm and beech_1900D_Check_ref.htm.Yes, the fuel pump switches do work.The PMDG Express B1900D is not as detailed a simulation as you will find in the PMDG 737, 747 and upcoming MD11. The PMDG Express product line is designed to be attractive to flight simulator users who are interested in a less study-intensive simulation experience. Hope you enjoy your flight. Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thanks Vin.Found it. I thought I had looked in that location but maybe not or I just didn't look far enough. I notice that the taxi and landing lights don't work on the 2D panel but I can get them to work on the VC overhead panel. No biggie I guess as I use primarily the VC, but at times I do employ the 2D panel. Is there a fix for this?Also, I can't for the life of me find the fuel switches. If they are to the pilot's left, on the left side panel, I can't get them to operate. Nor do they function on the fuel popup panel.Any ideas?Jim D.

I just tested the 2D landing light switches in FS9 using the PMDG Express B1900D, and they are fully operational.As for the fuel pump switches, they are on the main panel, near the base of the yoke.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thanks again Vic.I don't know why the switches didn't work simultaneously on the VC and the 2D, but they did the last time I tried it though.Still can't find the operable fuel pump switches though. Would you please point them out on the included screen shot?Also I noticed that when I turn on the landing lights switches, the guages and the panel/interior lights also come on even though the panel light rocker switch is in the off position. Is this supposed to happen?I enjoy flying this aircraft but would have loved to see it more system involvement for the pilot as is the 737. But that won't keep me from flying her.Jim D.

I also love flying the 1900D and C when I want to have a mental break from the more demanding ones like PMDG 737, 747, LevelD and F1 ATR. And that's how PMDG market it too. It's not supposed to be as involving systemwise as the 737. However, very easy on the frame rates and the eyes! If you want a very advanced version of basically the same cockpit, I recommend you take a look at the King Air 200 from Aeroworx http://www.aeroworx.com/ - that one should keep you occupied for quite some time! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Jim,All of the switches and guages you indicated in your snapshot are clickable, animated, and fully functional. If they are not in your installation, I'm guessing that your installation of the B1900D is corrupted somehow. I suggest reinstalling the PMDG Express B1900D.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Vic, Tried a reinstall and results were the same. Those functions indicated previously are still non-functioning. I even dowloaded the AC from PMDG's site to replace the previously downloaded file and removed the original installation, reinstalled. No change.What next?Jim D.p.s. The screen shot is the VC view, which you probably are already aware of. Just wanted to be sure.

Directly into FS9 Vic, not using FSX.Also noticed another issue now, the rocker switch on the overhead in the VC no longer activates the panel lights. In the 2D they do go on but when I switch to the VC they are off even though the rocker switch is in the on position. It worked somewhat before as I noted in the previous post.Those sections I marked on the panel in the screen shot appear to be photos, that is they don't appear as the others that are functional.I don't know what is happening here. Am I the only one the has had these problems?I appreciate your help and patience in attempting to resolve thee issues. If they are unresolvable, well, we'll cross that bridge if it comes up. Jim D.

Thanks for the suggestion Krister, I'll look into it.Just curious, do you have or had any of the problems I'm having with the 1900D? Do all the panel switches I mention and displayed in my previous postings function as Vic indicates they should? Or anyone else?Jim D.

Jim,Vista or XP?

Guest over and out

i have never had any problems with this, one of my fovorite planes. something must wrong with your install or maybe your mouse click sensitivity is too low or something? i LOVE this plane. as others say, it's nice because it is not as complex as the 737 or 747, and is a nice break, but is wonderful.i recommend a "Buttkicker", it works great with the prop engines and really adds to the emersion factor.i hopr you can fix the issues you are having, dont give up on this gem..

Well I have enjoyed it but knowing that there are some problems with it in my system has diminished my entusiasm. I too hope that PMDG can help me resolve the problems. So I'm not giving up yet.Thanks for the reply JSC. As for the "Buttkicker", well I think I'll wait on that one.Jim D.