Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

Post 744X Issues

Robert,Thanks for looking at this issue. It is really weird!Yes, I confirm - all the files you indicated are dated May 9, 2008 (as seen at the their respective folders by the "date modified"). Also, all the 7 files show version 10.0.61355.39, created on Feb. 16, 2008. Thanks!Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

James, Jim, John, John, and Mike:(Mike: Until you showed up- i was going to suggest that it was the result of the letter J at the beginning of the names... You blew my #1 theory!)(Edmundo: I think you may have a different problem than is being experienced by these five- please see my reply above- but also read this one just in case...)Some good news: I was able to duplicate the problem on one of my machines here.The bad news: Being able to duplicate the problem doesn't mean I know precisely what caused it- and I'm having trouble duplicating it again after attempting a solution. This doesn't mean that I have a solution- it because in theory I should be able to duplicate the problem at will- but I can't.I'm going to share a bunch of information with you guys- and I would appreciate it greatly if you could read through all of this and tell me if ANY of this information helps you to resolve the problem.BACKGROUND:===========During the FSX beta, we were busily converting the 747-400 into a native FSX add-on. This meant converting the core information management within the simulation from FSUIPC to SimConnect. Quite by accident, we discovered that in some scenarios, the TCP/IP communication between FSX/Simconnect/400X would get inturrupted and not resume. We reported this to Microsoft/ACES- and they implemented some changes to the communication protocol in order to prevent this from happening.Without getting into too much detail- we found that aggressive firewall and Anti-Viral protection could cause the communication between the 400X and FSX/Simconnect to go dead. After the fix from microsoft the problem went away.I do not think we have THAT problem- but i think we have a potentially related problem that is affecting you. My suspicion is based on the fact that in the previously mentioned scenario, the PFD and NAV display would go static because the 400X was no longer receiving position and air-data information from FSX. The engine displays would continue to operate, however since all of that data was internal to the 400X.In the case you guys are reporting (and that I was able to duplicate) the airspeed indication on the PFD remains at 30 knots, and never displays the green speed-trend vector. The standby ASI continues to display airspeed, however. Engaging the autopilot causes the airplane to "Freak Out" and begin spinning wildly about all axes.I have tested on three machines here- two Vista 32 boxes, and one XP boot sector that exists on one of the two Vista boxes. I have NOD32 antivirus installed on the XP and one Vista machine. AVG 8.0 is present on the second Vista box.On the AVG/Vista machine- I was able to duplicate the problem. I then entered AVG and excluded FSX.EXE and my /FSX directory by going into RESIDENT SHIELD and selecting MANAGE EXCLUSIONS. I then went to TOOLS/ADVANCED SETTINGS and PUP EXCEPTIONS. I entered an exception here for my /FSX/FSX.EXE.I loaded the 400X, and found the problem persisted. I then right clicked on the tray icon for AVG, (didn't shut AVG down- just closed the tray icon) and ran the sim again. No change.An hour or so later, I ran the sim once again to check something for another user- and found that the ASI Tape was working, along with the autopilot.I "un-did" the above mentioned steps- but I am thus far not able to reproduce the problem. (I'm still trying.)Here is what I would like each of you to try:1) Go into your A/V software and create an exception for the /FSX directory and the FSX.EXE file.2) Reboot your machine.3) Run the 400X and see if the problem persists.IF YOU CAN:4) assuming that #3 didn't yield success- unintstall COMPLETELY your A/V solution.5) Run the 400X and see if the problem persists.WHEN YOU ARE DONE:Come back here and report your results- and also let me know what A/V software you are using if you haven't already done so.If we can get into a scenario where we can reproduce this at will- then we'll be able to fix it... Thanks for the help and patience, gents- it is appreciated.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Your scenerio doesn't apply to me as I'm not running any A/V software.I formatted/reinstalled Vista Ultimate x64 SP1, installed FSX Acceleration, and the PMDG 744X with the provided integrated installer.The issue remains. I've got UAC off, permissions for FSX allowing full access in it's own folder on another hard drive dedicated to FSX. Regards,Jim Karn

Thanks for the update RobertI'll try what you have suggested tomorrow, bedtime is calling!One thing which I forgot to add; after the update had being installed. Started fsx selected 744x during the load sequence a hidden microsoft popup/under was presented asking to allow FSUIP to be trusted, this I did on a permanent basis.Maybe nothing.JohnAsus pk5cYes, I know

Jim-Thanks- i'm still suspecting that "something" is interfering with the communication between FSX/Simconnect and the 400X. We're continuing to research.

>(Mike: Until you showed up- i was going to suggest that it was>the result of the letter J at the beginning of the names...>You blew my #1 theory!)Me, Another J.>Without getting into too much detail- we found that aggressive>firewall and Anti-Viral protection could cause the>communication between the 400X and FSX/Simconnect to go dead. >After the fix from microsoft the problem went away.I also had this problem while I was testing some stuff out on one of the earlier betas for fixing the auto brakes. Mine did exactly the same thing. Reverting back to the original fixed things but always the beta broke it. Then another beta and it would be okay for a while and then again.I have other programs running on another PC which use SimConnect and the connection was fine and the data it was getting was being updated properly. I have however noted that at times no data comes through after a serious crash and a reboot on the FSX machine. The SimConnect simply will not connect unless a full power down and restart is done (really strange).I am not sure if the current release does the same on mine yet because my next flight is a 6 hour one and I have not had the time to start it yet. Also since then I had a complete system failure due to a BIOS update which took out one of my RAID0 drives so a complete rebuild was done so everything from scratch.I use no anti-virus at all one either machine and the firewall is set to allow all stuff bound for FSX through.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Guest jlaine128

Hi,I did as you requested, steps 3 and 5 still had the problem. John L

Robert,Because you raised the question that this problem may be related to the SimConnect I attach the contents of the SimConnect.xml in my computer.As I said before, prior to this apudate the B747X worked fine and all my FSX addons are also working fine.ThanksEdmundo-----------<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> - SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalse - FalseIPv4global

Silver
645004096False- FalseAutolocal

Edmundo Azevedo

Robert,No need to respond to my private E-mail that you requested in another topic...this is exactly the problem I'm seeing. The only symptom that hasn't been mentioned is the lack of any physical rudder movement viewed from the spot camera (the rudder petals and aircraft respond properly).I too am operating with Vista 32-bit, FSX with Acceleration. The PMDG 744-400X worked properly before the update attempt.I'll watch this topic for an answer.Thanks!Doug

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi RobertI don't know if this is related to the others?Every now and then when changing from a default aircraft to the 744X I have found the aircraft shows multiple engine fires...This is just a visual indication and it does not show it on the instruments etc.This effect has happend 3 times over 10 different flights. If I load the 744X from the main screen all is well. I have also had it reported to me from another online user and his system was Vista.Another strange intermittent behaviour is the aircraft while tracking along its flight plan path suddenly veers off into a turn for no apparent reason (nothing to do with WX as it was off). After recovering the aircraft manually and then setting V/L NAV again she flys ok.All was fine before the update and that is all that has changed.I checked all your suggestions above and all is correct.I believe you have all my new current system details from Ryan but just to quickly recap them,XP with all MS up-datesFSX SP1 & 2 (Correct Simconnet etc)FSInn/Copilot744X with 2 new Textures and update 2.10.0000I have no A/V Firewall or other software on my new set-up. (Yet) lolPS. I was thinking about loading the orginal back in and seeing if she behaves again but I will wait in-case you want me to try something first.RegardsSteve

Guest robbo3066

RobertI also had the symptoms described, as soon as I switched on autopilot, the aircraft was conpletely uncontrollable.I did as you said points 1-3.I have Vista 32 bit with Bitdefender anti-virus software.Once completed tasks 1-3 in your post, the 747 has behaved properly.Thanks for your help.Rob

Robert,I just finished with steps 1 - 5 in your post.The same problems are there for me: No speedtape No "80 knots ..." Autothrottle does not try to attain speed requested - instead reverts to idle thrust.The plane does not maneuver wildly now when I click on the autopilot CMD button. I can fly the plane with care, althoughwith no speedtape or autothrottle.I going to restore my computer and go back to 2.00.0031 whichwas working pretty well.Hope this helps - we appreciate your efforts to find a solution.

Dear Robert,I have experienced the same trouble as James said "the speed tape on the PFD doesn't work".It hadn't occurred before update 2.10!I'm using Vista Ultimate + SP1 + SP2.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Dear Robert,Again, I have experienced the same trouble as James said "the speed tape on the PFD doesn't work".It hadn't occurred before update 2.10!I'm using Vista Ultimate 32bit +SP1 and FSX +SP1 +SP2.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Gents-For all of you experiencing this problem (i'm counting about 8 of you including a few we received in tech support...) I have very little reliable information to give you at this moment, EXCEPT:- We've been able to reproduce the behavior internally- and we are researching.- It is a holiday weekend, so you've probably noticed the rate of updates have slowed down a bit since Friday/Saturday.I have reached out to a few of you for some additional information and I may continue to do so over the next few days. We'll let you know the moment we figure out what is causing this- and hopefully have a solution soon there-after.FWIW: We know WHAT is happening, but we do not yet know WHY... So we are better off than we were a few days ago!Thanks for your patience, gents- I'll be in touch soon.