Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

Post 744X Issues

I did a fresh install on a newly built machine.vista x64 + sp1 + whatever patches after that.installed fsx, then fsx-accellerationinstalled pmdg 747X, then the 2.1 update.now, here is what I found:after getting airborne for some time, using the 2d displays, (didn't bother checking the 3d/vc), I found that the aircraft was tracking a little left (perhaps 5-10 miles) of the intended fmc programmed path.after some time (perhaps 30 minutes) of total flight time, with the autopilot engaged with auto-throttle finally working (it didn't seem to want to behave properly initially - perhaps that was because I didn't reload the cold + dark initially?), something odd happened:the plane was still airborne, under autopilot (seemed to be tracking to the left of the expected path) was working, but all of the flight displays went dead.they just showed nothing at all. didn't make any difference whether they were 'expanded' or in-place in the panel.one saving grace was that by turning on the eicas and moving the selector for the eicas to pfd, I was at least able to see the flight plan and see where I was.any ideas as to what happened?I don't think I did anything that would cause the avionics to go blank.

Hi RobertHere is another "J" for your list. I can confirm the same problem as the others.My Details are:Vista Ultimate 32Bit with SP1Order ID: 88969Anti virus: AVG 8.0FSX Version: Deluxe SP2, with AccelerationI Will follow your instructions and let you know about the results.Thanks for the exellent product and support. Johan ViljoenCape Town

fyi: I tried another flight, and it seemed to do better at tracking the planned flight path this time.the displays didn't go dark on me.another thing: one time, the pfd and the display that shows the plan etc---well, they were getting updates, but they weren't responding to course changes.very strange.I had the option enabled to show airports and the airports were being drawn, and I could see that I was travelling based on the airports moving, but the compass was not being updated at all. it just sat in one heading regardless of what I did course-wise.I have not been able to reproduce this issue, but it's early days - this was on my 2nd flight after installing.On my 3rd flight, everything seemed very normal, but I had also disabled avast (anti-virus) (based on some other emails I saw about simconnect and anti-virus apps interfering), so it's unclear whether that had any impact.

Robert,I have a dual boot system with Win XP Pro and Vista Ultimate 64. I have a Q6600 quad and 4G of ram.I have FSX with Accel/sp2 running on both systems.After installing PMDG SP 2.10 it was working fine in XP but acting strange in Vista. While in Vista I removed the PMDG SP2.10 and then did a repair on V 2.00.031. I then did a flight and all worked fine. I then installed SP 2.10 and flew again all was perfectly normal. Speed tape worked and speed callouts all fine. I had not connected any of my PFC equipment so was just flying with the keyboard and basically using the autopilot. All switches were working with mouse clicks. I raised and lowered flaps using F6 & F7. I then went back and checked FSX in XP. All was still normal there except I cant extend flaps with F7 or F8. I can with the mouse from the VC.( This glitch was there before I made any changes and is probably a FSX problem)While I use Norton AV in XP I am not using any AV in Vista.I don't know if any of this helps or not but thought I would pass it along.Great work on the -400 and looking forward to the NG.Tom Hibben

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi Guy'sOK I fixed the issue with the "engine fires etc" That was easy...just had to learn to read, Sorry Robert..I have also ran the installer again and the veering has disapeared (hopefully for good) :) Will re-post if it happens again.RegardsSteve

Gents-First: THANK YOU to all of you who have reported information in this thread, and to those of you with whom I have been in contact via email during the weekend.Late this afternoon Lefteris provided what he believes to be a fix to this problem, and we are testing it with a couple of certain reproduction cases to validate the fix.If it works, I expect to have it available to you on Tuesday.If it does not work, I will let you know and we will keep chipping away at this.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert,Many thanks indeed for the update, if I can be of any more assistance please feel free to contact me:-)Kindest Regards,James

Gents-For those of you in this thread affected by the speedtape/gyration problem- we have released an updated version for you tonight.Please download the new version 2.10.0040 and install over top of your existing PMDG 747-400X installation.That should solve the problem for you.Thanks VERY much for your help and patience during the past few days.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Dear Robert,Thank you very much for the new version 2.10.0040.I have flown RJGG - RGBB for a test flight with LNAV, VNAV and CatIII Auto-land. It's beautiful, comfortable and perfect!Although I'm running on Vista based machine, it's lucky to have no trouble.Thanks again,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

PMDG.I had the problems. After the last update everything is OK.Thanks.Helmut MadsenDenmark

Hi RobertThank you to you and the team for a speedy solution to the problem. I have installed the new version 2.10.0040 and made a successful flight from KSEA to KSFO with no problems at all. Keepup the good work!!Best RegardsJohan ViljoenCape Town

Thanks Robert,Tried a quick flight speed tape/autopilot all ok.I guess the problem was not antivirus based?I'm still having a problem flying though, I need loads more serious PMDG training lessons but I'll get there in the end :)

Guest CaptEm

Hi Robert and everyone. I haven't been able to try out my PMDG 747 with the new FSX update and look for these problems yet as I just bought the Level-D 767 a few days ago. However, I'm having almost the EXCACT same issues with the LDS-767! After typing in information into the FMC, i think its when i reach the PERF page, suddenly the airplane starts spinning violently and bounces off the runway with the alarms going off, resulting in a crash! Also the IDENT page is usually blank and the Configuration Manager that comes with the addon doesnot have ANY effect on the 767, it won't load fuel or payload!I'm gonna try some flights with the PMDG 747 later, and hopefully it will work fine, if not ill download the new update.

Robert,Thanks for the update ...to the update. Everything is working fine now.RegardsEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo