Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thomas2804

Speedbrakes - Reverses.

Guest Thomas2804

Hello all,I'm writing because there is something I don't really understand.For landing I arm my speedrakes, then when my plane touches the ground they automatically open.Until there everything is fine.But, if I don't immediatly reverse, my speedbrakes retract, and they will reopen when I set the reverses, and then retract when I stop my reverses.I would like my speedbrakes to open when my plane touches the ground of course, but is it possible for them to remain opened even if I don't immediatly set me reverses (in the case of long rwys for example), and as a consequence to remain open when I stop my reverses (it's often the case when you live the rwy. Your reverses are cut, but you want to retract your speedbrake on the exit taxiway) ?Thank you in advance for your answers, and I apologize if my English is not so good as I am French.Regards.Thomas Schmitt.

Thomas,I usually use the same method (arm speed brakes), then F1 to ensure throttles are closed followed immediately by F2 for reverse thrust. I've never had my spoilers (speed brakes) retract before commanded. Therefore, I believe your problem might be something besides the simulation programming becuase it works properly for most. Perhaps it has something to do with your controls?Is this the 747X or FS9 platform?What are you using for controls and how do you command reverse thrust?Your English is not a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Thomas2804

Well, I use a FS9 platform.I flight with a joystick, but I set my reverses with F2 key. Anyway with my joystick I have a lot of problem with activating my reverses (it almost never works), so this may explain my problem.Thank you for answering anyway.

YOUR REVERSERS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS THE THROTTLES ARE FULLY CLOSED.Check your calibration settings?Sorry for the Caps lock

Dave Taylor gb.png