Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Virtual Cockpit

A very basic question...I have always been using the 2D mode for flying, and do not know how to use VC. How do I set it up and use it?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

A very basic answer...Enable and select it... the exact behavior is different between FS9/FSX, but basically you can move your eyepoint with default (I reprogrammed mine) keyboard commands, select different VC views (console, overhead, throttles, etc) or use VC with 2D panels (which is what I usually do).I really like the VC in the Queen, not the 737NG. I don't like the affect that PMDG gave to the VC in FSX where it moves up and down in response to accelerations... just my preference... so I usually use 2D for takeoff and VC for the remainder of the flight. Learning how to control your eyepoint is the secret to making best use of VC.

Dan Downs KCRP

"I don't like the affect that PMDG gave to the VC in FSX where it moves up and down in response to accelerations"...hi Dan,i'm glad i'm not the only one that doesn't like that effect either. imho, not realistic at all. it's also the same with the default FSX A/C. another useless and unrealistic feature that MS wasted their time with in FSX. i use to fly real Cessna's and never saw that effect at all. having watched the Virgin Atlantic video many times i didn't see that effect during takeoff and landing in the video either. i hope PMDG will reconsider and remove it. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Those kind of things happen in real life but your brain just kind of ignores it. Compare videos of people with helemt mounted cameras while skiing or biking at it is all shakey. You don't see it that way with your own eyes though. I do not like this FSX feature either but there is a fix. Go into the FSX.cfg and set dynamic head movement to 0.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Great.. didn't know that trick.I've got lots of actual flight time in very bummpy air where it is very difficult to reach up to the comm radio knob to select a frequency. However, a constant acceleration such as takeoff doesn't create the effect that MS tried to provide. Glad to learn there's a way to turn it off.

Dan Downs KCRP

> Go into the>FSX.cfg and set dynamic head movement to 0.[DynamicHeadMovement][DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000WHICH ONE?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I set all to zero.

Dan Downs KCRP