Sign in to follow this  
macwino

Is autobrake activation fixed in FSX v1.20?

In posts several months ago, a few of us noted that with our systems the autobrakes do not activate on an aborted takeoff or upon landing, even though they are set. PMDG indicated that this was a known problem for some users and that it would be addressed.I do not see mention of this problem being fixed in the upcoming v1.20 update for FSX. Is it not addressed, or is this fix just not included in the list?Thanks, Robert

I was one of the people having an issue but it is sorted now even without an update. The issue is with the brakes. If you stop and park at the end of the runway and set your park brake and then release it they will work 100%. If however you touch your brake pedals they will not work. Found this out by using the logging display of FSUIPC to show what the brake values are on left and right and found they were zero until you touch your pedals. They then change as they should but never go fully back to zero.I fixed mine by taking the brakes out of FSX control and using FSUIPC (you need the full version) to control the brake pedals. Has been working 100% since then.Try giving the park brake a flick on/off before coming in to land and they should work as well.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

John, thanks for the tip. I too use the full version of fsuipc to control my brakes, and I'll give the logging display a look and try out your suggestion.Thanks, Robert

Howard, that thread and Lefteris's comments are precisely what I was referring to in this post. And that's why I was concerned about the issue not having been mentioned in the v1.20 update.I'm glad to hear this is your only problem. I've just got one other, and that's the landing animations not working in Instant Replay - about which I've also posted about now as well. Get these two resolved and I'm in heaven.Thanks, Robert