Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Use FSX 747 engine sounds on FS 9 version

I am wondering if there is a way to use the FSX 747 engine sounds which sound improved to me on my FS9 version of the 747?If so could you tell me how?ThanksGreg

Greg Clark

Greg,I'm sure Armen will correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand working with him on the MD-11 sounds the answer to your question is no.The FSX sound engine has been improved considerably compared to FS9 and therefore Armen has taken full advantage of those new features and created a dedicated FSX soundset with a lot of three-dimensional sound engineering. All this can't be used in FS9 since that Sim is just not as capable as FSX regarding sound.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Yeah FSX sounds are a completely different animal from FS9 ones. There's a lot more of them, they have to be mixed and processed in a different way because FSX has positional sound cone stuff etc... Won't work, sorry!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Do a search in the Avsim library for rb211-524_super_pack.zip this version is very realistic down to the top end engine whine on the variants of RB211. I tweaked a few sounds as I have a large surround sound setup.The sound set is from the flightdeck not the economy passenger viewpoint behind the engines. After many hours flying business on the 744 this is as close to real thing as you can get.Robert Prest

Rob Prest

Robert,This sound set is pretty good... does the APU sound work for the external?CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Hi Craig,The soundset does include extenal sounds for the APU but this is not linked to the actual APU on the PMDG 747. I have yet to see a developer that has managed to crack this, I assume it is down to the limited sound engine in FS9.Rob

Rob Prest

I wonder.. could you just make the APU a 5th engine.. but without ability to control a throttle effect and also.. no thrust effect either... surely you could do it that way?I dunno.. perhaps FSX is limited to 4 engines?CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Rob,Have you edited the configuration file for the sounds so that the PMDG can use this sound set? It's quite impressive I must say..If so could I have a copy?CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Hi Craig,My Broadband at home is down till monday. When it's back up I will send you my tweaked version (better initial spool curve) and sound slider settings for FS. I have a large sound setup with a huge subwoofer so let me know if you have normal desktop speakers and I will adjust the sounds for you.Cheers Rob

Rob Prest

I've got a similar setup to you really.. large seperate hifi system with big sub too that it all runs through.. so your settings would be perfect I imagine..Thanks RobCraig

Craig Read, EGLL