Sign in to follow this  

What's your favourite flight 'soundtrack'?

Guest emergency_pants

Well... I just bought the new Morcheeba album and was trying to decide whether to spend what little freetime I have on listening to the new album or taking the next flight in my RTW trip.So I decided to try something different and play the CD in the background while I fly! Nice compromise, I thought!! :)...what I didn't realise, is that the Morcheeba CD really enhances the 'atmosphere' you get while flying... a bit like adding a soundtrack to your flight! Not very realistic, I know, but very nice nonetheless.So here's my current vote for number one 'flight soundtrack' album..."Charango" by Morcheeba.What's yours?Simon.

Le Sacre du Printemps..... Stravinsky:-)Pete

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, as a general definition I would have to say anything atmospheric :-) . However, depending on my mood - and the flight I am about to embark on - my listening subjects can vary.For short domestic or intra-European city hops I like albums such as C'mon, C'mon by Sheryl Crow, which is a nice mix of fast and relaxing rhythms. Paul Simon's Graceland or Rhythm of the Saints albums are also good for that sort of flight...reminding of the fast pace of modern aviation, but also preventing you from getting nervous. However, for longer flights I prefer music which seems to slow down time, such as (notice a pattern? :-) ) the Songs from the Capeman album by Paul Simon, or those older ones from the Simon & Garfunkel era. Alanis Morissette - especially the Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie and MTV Unplugged albums - is also good :-) .For REAL long flights nothing beats Vangelis's Mythodea, though...especially when you're flying either into a sunrise or sunset. Truly chilling that is...

I have this thing for Mars Lasar's "Eleventh Hour", while flying, but the best "get in the mood" music is Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly" (live version). I always used to put that on, while driving to the airport for my flying lessons. :)

BobK

Totally agree with you there Bob...I tend to listen to Pink Floyd's LIVE concerts (pref. off PULSE Album) inc.; "Learning to Fly", "Run Like Hell", and "Keep Talking" (which has an excellent beginning, great for that evening/night flight through some clouds). This is a group has a very atmospheric style and may sound strange and different at the start, but once you've listened to it a few times, it sounds very mystical and skilled.I listen to quite a lot of Faithless (dance group) to get myself in the mood for flying, especially the songs "We Come 1", "God is a DJ".Their LIVE concerts are very atmospheric and charge one up ready for a stressful day full of speed.Will

Rammstein or Eve 6, though if im not in the mood for that I'll just ditch music and go the way of an inflight movie :)Scott

Just bought Alice In Chains "MTV Unplugged" & Jerry Cantrell "Degradation Trip" today, so I'll be listening to them for awhile. Sometimes I'll go with some Radiohead or Nirvana, though. I have a large CD collection, so I've got lots to choose from. :)

Guest Pardue802

ALLLLLLL RIGHT!!! I knew there was a reason that Flight Simulator is my favorite hobby and Pink Floyd is my favorite band... guess I've figured out there's a connection between the two... gotta love that Floydian Slip."Above the planet, on a wing and a prayerMy grubby halo, a vapor trail in the empty airAcross the clouds I see my shadow flyOut of the corner of my watering eyeA dream unthreatened by the morning lightCould blow this soul right through the roof of the night"Gotta love that...I personally like Marooned for that "I'm seperated from that grubby planet below and a part of a higher plane (no pun intended)" type of feel.Ken

I play Eminem in the background while in cruise. Sometimes I put it too loud and I cannot hear the ATC and my flight plan gets closed! :-fume Also some Jennifer Lopez songs!Take careMike