Sign in to follow this  
Dilip

How Can i find out Active Runway

Is there a way to find out what the active runway is the runway at airport that is current use for rakeoff and land in US.at the moment LAX use 25L 25R 24L 24R are Active.Dilip

>Is there a way to find out what the active runway is the>runway at airport that is current use for rakeoff and land in>US.at the moment LAX use 25L 25R 24L 24R are Active.>>DilipIt all depends on the wind direction. You can listen to the ATIS to get the current runways in use.- John

Just to add to John's note: Listening to ATIS is expected. Your initial contact with approach goes like this, "Approach United seven-two heavy descending through twelve for one-zero-thousand with India (current atis)." Otherwise, approach is gonna ask you to advise when you have atis.In the case of LAX, however, you're gonna know by the STAR in your clearance. East and West directions have different STARS, and if there is a change (rare at LAX), someone is going to admend your clearance before you get to the first fix in the STAR.Also at LAX, since they almost always have West flow, you can expect landing either 24R or 25L. At most locations, the longer runways are used for takeoff and the shorter for landing. Now that it is narrowed down to just two, you can expect landing the one that is going to put you closest to your gate. In any event, ATC is giving you both "expect clearance" info and changes before you need the info.Flying simulations, pick the runway (shortest if parallels) with favorable winds closest to your gate. This will keep things farely realistic except at places like KLAS (no East flow, always West) or KBWI (NOTAMS advise which runways are restricted due to noise).

Dan Downs KCRP

You mean i can listen ATIS (Automatic Terminal Information Service) on internet. which site?I just want to find out now KSEA & KSLC active runway.Dilip

Oh, I see.Each major airport has an ATIS... check the charts or the MSFS map info for the location. The weather, baro, runways/approaches in use and so on are provided via recording. It saves the ATC controllers from having to provide this to each flight. (Yes, it's built into MSFS).If your MSFS is using actual weather, the ATIS info will be almost sorta kinda as close as it can get in the MSFS game. Active Sky add-on does a better job and they provide their own ATIS recording. You can look at flightaware.com and see what direction the flow is near real time, and they also provide the current METAR.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, I Appreciate your help sirDilip

Is there a way to find out what the active runway is the runway at airport that is current use for rakeoff and land in US.at the moment LAX use 25L 25R 24L 24R are Active.Dilip

You can listen to LiveATC for LAX. http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LAX

If you listen you can hear ground direct flights to active runway.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Rob, you resurrected a nearly 7 year old topic? I might have to reconsider the earlier request to close old topics...

Yeah just caught that...my bad. Read it wrong thought it was from yesterday...

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"