Sign in to follow this  
egntpilot

747x load manager not saving

Hi,I've the 747x and have no problems with it apart from the load manager does not save any pax, cargo or fuel weights. I can set up my required load and press save file. This transfers the details to the 747 as required but when I restart the load manager my settings have not been saved and I have to reload the data. I am running fsx with the acceleration pack and xp pro as my operating system.I have done a search and found one mention of an update to fix this problem, but there doesn't appear to be any updates for the 747x on the PMDG web site, another thread mentions there was a problem with the load manager when the 747X was released but it was corrected . I purchased on the 6th of Nov 2007, so could that be the cause? If so, do I just re download the 747X and re install it? And if that's the case do I have to uninstall my current version, or can I just install over the top and the relevant files will be updated?Thanks in advance.Steve

I'm pretty sure you are seeing the expected behavior of the way the load manager works. It doesn't "remember" the last settings, but starts fresh each launch. I never found that to be a problem (each flight is different). If you save a flight in msfs then when you reload it the original weight/fuel should be there, and the panel state. Does this work for you?

Dan Downs KCRP

>Hi,>I've the 747x and have no problems with it apart from the load>manager does not save any pax, cargo or fuel weights. I can>set up my required load and press save file. This transfers>the details to the 747 as required but when I restart the load>manager my settings have not been saved and I have to reload>the data. I am running fsx with the acceleration pack and xp>pro as my operating system.>>SteveHi Steve,I can confirm as well that this is normal operation.- John

Dan/John,thanks for that, I thought it would remember the last settings loaded, you learn something new every day!CheersSteve

Steve,Two things to try.1) Make sure that if you are a Vista user, that you run FSX as Administrator by right clicking on the start up icon and selecting "Run as Administrator"2) If you continue to have trouble, check your folder access to see if your PMDG folder in the FSX folder is set to Read only access as this will disable saving changes.Let me know if you continue to have troubleRegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Correct, the LM does not read the current state of the aircraft.cfg file. But I think this is a long over due feature.PMDG FEATURE REQUEST: On future versions of the load manager for any PMDG aircraft, would you please add a button to the load-manager that parses the current weights and balances from the relevent aircraft.cfg file, thereby allowing us to quickly make minor changes to the current configuration? Thanks...Respecfully,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest nigvilla

Just to make sure I have the load manager utility logic correct in my own mind.If FSX is running with PMDG 747 selected I can run load manager, change PAX,Cargo and fuel and 'send' to FSX no problem.Similarly, any changes to fuel in the PMDG drop down menu are also instantly reflected in FSX.However, if I use the load manager as stand alone program without FSX , none of my changes appear to take effect in the simulator next time I run it? I have looked at a few posts on the subject and have set my PMDG folders such that Read Only is unchecked in Properties dialog.Not a major issue as I suppose loading Payload and fuel 'at the gate' so to speak is exactly how it is done in real world!Nigel Thomas