Sign in to follow this  
Guest stubbornswiss

Stairs For 747-400x (NOT "F" MODEL)

Guest stubbornswiss

I've noticed that quite a lot of the default FSX airports will put a "Heavy" a/c at a "Heavy" gate where there is no jetway.This creates a problem for the crew, and especially the passengers, when it comes to boarding. (obviously deplaning is not so difficult - we all just jump out!!) Is there any way to add the stairs available in the cargo model to the passenger model?Thanks!

The scenery settings in msfs need to be dense or extremely dense (not normal) for all of the default jetways to appear. When I edit AFCAD files, I reset these all to normal for them to appear but that's a personal preference thing.Anyway, the solution is in the scenery settings.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest stubbornswiss

Thanks 'Guru' Dan - problem solved!I had my setting at dense, and moving it to extremely dense sorted that out. (Is this going to have any major impact on my frame rates?)Ok...... thats that!But still, is there a way to get those stairs from the cargo model to work in the pax model?Thanks.

Guest stubbornswiss

OK.......... so having read thru several prior posts regarding the same issue, I gather that this is not possible.I also gather that there are SEVERAL people out there who would really like to see this modification/update.And so I say to PMDG........"The level of simulation you have helped us achieve is awesome. However, arriving at a destination airport, without a jetway or stairs is a bit of an anticlimax! It really "steals" from the simulation immersion effect, and it would really be great if you would consider incorporating this modification into the next update, so as to create a more realistic ending to a long flight."Again, many thanks for an awesome product!