Sign in to follow this  
Guest toby01

Intercept Course

Guest toby01

According to the FMC manual I should be able to see a INTC CRS prompt box at the 6R LSK when I add a new waypoint in the LEGS page. How come I don't get it? See screenshot. Thanks in advance.Regards,Byron Toby http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188175.jpg

I think (I'm away from my own machine) you'll only get the INTC CRS when the new fix is in the top postion (the fly to fix). Not sure, but try it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest toby01

Nope, that does not work.Regards,Byron Toby

Hey Byron, where did you get the green manual (up on the glairshield) in your screenshot? My multimillion dollar 744 aircraft did not come with one. I feel jipped, LOL... If you click on it, does anything happen?As for your question, I thought Dan to be correct, it was only possible to get the INTC prompt if you are working with the WP in 1LSK. I know some pre-compiled SIDS and STARS can also have INTC built-in as well.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

It could be because you are still on the ground, and the FMC hasn't started navigating yet. I have never seen the INTC CRS come up during preflight.Does the manual get stowed before takeoff?

Dan Downs KCRP

>Hey Byron, where did you get the green manual (up on the>glairshield) in your screenshot? My multimillion dollar 744>aircraft did not come with one. I feel jipped, LOL... If you>click on it, does anything happen?That's from FS2Crew.

>That's from FS2Crew.Oh, OK! Then I can't ask for a couple million dollar refund from PMDG, dang... :)

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Just go ahead and execute it, then click on the next waypoint (EMO26 in tour case) and move it to the line with the boxes, that will clear the discontinuity and then hit execute!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest toby01

>Just go ahead and execute it, then click on the next waypoint>(EMO26 in tour case) and move it to the line with the boxes,>that will clear the discontinuity and then hit execute!That's not what I asked. Clearing Discos is not my problem.It should be possible to add an inbound course to a waypoint you just defined. It works in the LDS 767. Why not in the PMDG 747? The PMDG FMC manual states it can be done.

Just out of curiosity here, what exactly are you trying to do?

Sorry Misunderstood from the screen showing the disco. What you need to do, is move up the fix you want to insert an intercept coarse to the 1L position, this will give you the INTC CRS in the 6R position enter your coarse then execute.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest toby01

I'm trying to specify a waypoint and add an inbound course to it.

Guest toby01

It is the same action Dan suggested. Doesn't work. Does it work with you guys?EDIT: NVM I've got it. Thanks guys!!one!1!

>I'm trying to specify a waypoint and add an inbound course to>it.Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant what waypoint/course, what airport, what route, that kind of thing. I was wanting to try it out.